How To Beat The Seahags

Living in Seattle, this should be an entertaining week. I hope I have a plane full of their fans on my plane flight on Friday and Monday. I want to make sure they know the beating that is coming on Friday, and remind the of it on the plane flight back Monday.

As for beating them, we've got this. Clemons is beat up so you run it to his side of the line and away from Red Bryant. If we do that, you may see the Turner of old. Lets say 105 yards and 1 TD.

They have one of the top 3 backfield on football and RW and JJ have their hands full all game. But, Seattle has no one in the middle who can handle TG. Look for TG to have a big day with 120 yards and 2 TDs.

On defense, it's simple. Their WRs aren't anything to be feared. Play bump and run and it will slow them down. Put a spy on Wilson, stop the run, and they only score 13.

Oh wait, Hauschka, the kicker, is hurt. Maybe they only get 1 FG.

Falcons 34

Seahags 13

They have one of the top 3 backfield on football and RW and JJ have their hands full all game. But, Seattle has no one in the middle who can handle TG. Look for TG to have a big day with 120 yards and 2 TDs.

Tony will do all that is humanly possible, that's for sure. He wants this so bad he can taste it. Wouldn't be all that surprised to see him line up at DE if Abe can't go. tongue.png

Like I said the other day, I hope we focus hard on hitting Gonzo early, because Seattle can't be so stupid as to think their corners can handle our top 2 one on one. Browner looked bad at times today and Wash's receivers aren't nearly as good as ours. Once they start diverting attention to Gonzo Koetter will start foaming at the mouth.

This game all depends on can our line protect Matt. I think they can. Konz has been getting handled by good DTs this year but Seatle doesn't have one as good as Suh or McCoy. If our tackles get beat Matt should have a pocket to step into. I think we win this one even if it is tough.

Our oline against their speed rushers on the dome turf. I wish I could say that I was confident about our interior line but I'd be lying

I worry more playing vs bull rushers, than speed rushers. Even more so if Clemens is banged up or even better, out.

They keep talking about Sea secondary vs our WR's. what about our underrated secondary (with Moore back) vs their WR's? Their WR's are nowhere near as good as ours.

Seattle's line is OK. Any receiver will get open in any coverage if the QB has time. Nolan will have to try to confuse Wilson.

On offense, we have to come out firing. Assert our will, rather than letting other teams dictate what we do. Sure, we'll gameplan around it, but we have to show that nothing is off the table until WE say it is. First play of the game needs to be a fake screen to Julio, then hit HD on the streak when the safeties bite. Then bring in Snelling. Attack Clemons side of the field, and if that doesn't look good, run play action so they bite, then hit Snelling on the running back screen afterwards, similar to the play where Turner broke free earlier this season. Then line up trips to the right, as in, Tony G, Julio, and HD, with Roddy on the left. Roddy does a deep out to draw away as much coverage as he can while JJ runs a slant to the inside and Tony runs a seam. HD starts to run a slant, but pulls a double move so that he's running horizontal about ten yards from the line of scrimmage towards the sidelines. Julio will likely beat his guy, letting Roddy and Tony take away the middle of the field and free up space, but if the safety plays up or peels to Roddy's side, Tony should be man to man in a mismatch on one of the safeties or the nickel back. Keep attacking like that all game, with some runs and draws to throw them off balance. Quick throws, nothing that has to develop for a while, but routes that aren't likely to be jammed. Our receivers are more physical than their corners, that's just a fact.

On defense, their deep passing game is predicated mainly on streaks and deep posts, something that our fast defensive backs excel at taking away. It's not going to be like Rodgers, where he shreds us on crossing routes and has us running all over the field. They stretch the field vertically, trying to give space for Wilson to run if possible, and alternatively, do very short routes. No really impressive intermediate passing game that I've seen. The 3 DT look could work really well for us this game. They use the read option a lot, and we need to focus on discipline more than anything to shut them down. They aren't THAT impressive.

Honestly? Was much more anxious about both of these teams beforehand. Seahawks won because of big plays, almost entirely. Big catches by receivers. Nothing we can't take care of. Our corners are far better than the Skins, and our safeties are punishing.

I think we hold the Hawks under two TDs and score 4+ of our own. They just don't scare me at all, and their biggest weapon is their defense. We take away the read option and we win. We run screens and utilize TG (we already do) and we win. This plays to our advantage.

I tell you what I saw Wilson run block for Lynch twice tonight, I would let the entire defense know that if he's out as a lead blocker to light his *** up, and any chance they get to punch him in the mouth take it.

Yea , I thought the same thing. I had visions of Moore , Spoon , or Dunta knocking him out of the game RG3 style.