Russell Wilson

irish_falcon

A couple of times tonight Russell Wilson has gone sprinting downfield to leadblock for Marshawn Lynch... If Nolan tells the team one thing this week, it's that if they see him doing that, nearest man needs to Blow him up! It's brave and all but it's a stupid thing for a quarterback to do, especially one so small... he needs to learn his lesson!

At such an irreplacable position it's not in your teams best interest for you to take that huge extra risk for a few extra yards on one play!

understand where you're coming from but these are tough men. Willing to do whatever it takes to help your team win. If that's the case then they shouldn't risk their bodies by scrambling either. If they get injured, tough break

understand where you're coming from but these are tough men. Willing to do whatever it takes to help your team win. If that's the case then they shouldn't risk their bodies by scrambling either. If they get injured, tough break

That's why sensible QB's slide before they take a big hit when scrambling... when you go down field to block you're no longer gonna get afforded any of the protections the rules offer to take care of quarterbacks, you're open to get drilled by guys much bigger than yourself... personally unless it's last play of the game in the playoffs and we need it to win the game, I don't wanna see Matt throwing a block any time soon

So in your eyes a Punter has comparable value to the team as your starting Quarterback?

wasn't directed at me but a punter is pretty valuable. Nothing like having teams starting within the 20 yard line and having to fight down the field. They probably Wouldn't wanna have me or you back there punting

That's why sensible QB's slide before they take a big hit when scrambling... when you go down field to block you're no longer gonna get afforded any of the protections the rules offer to take care of quarterbacks, you're open to get drilled by guys much bigger than yourself... personally unless it's last play of the game in the playoffs and we need it to win the game, I don't wanna see Matt throwing a block any time soon

you can play it safe. Had Wilson not made that block, they could have gotten held to a field goal. I would take that game sealing touchdown all day. Especially in the playoffs. First few weeks of the season probably not.

wasn't directed at me but a punter is pretty valuable. Nothing like having teams starting within the 20 yard line and having to fight down the field. They probably Wouldn't wanna have me or you back there punting

Valuable certainly, not in the same ballpark as you're starting QB's value though (unless you're the Arizona Cardinals or someone)... and I've spent my whole life playing gaelic football and rugby,,, there's many things I could not be trusted to do on a football field by punt a ball is certainly one of them haha