Why Do Our Coaches Not Like Lawrence Sidbury

Four seasons, two coaching staffs and he hasn't done much of anything. And he's fallen in the depth chart to Mass and Matthews. The answer is probably simply he isn't that good.

We were all impressed by his combine numbers and that highlight tape coming out of Richmond, but I remember being at the season finale last year where the Falcons blew out the Bucs in the first half. Sid played the whole second half and only had to worry about rushing the passer. Right up until then, I thought the coaches had it out for him and that he just needed some extended playing time. Well he got it and he didn't do anything. Zilch.

Four seasons, two coaching staffs and he hasn't done much of anything. And he's fallen in the depth chart to Mass and Matthews. The answer is probably simply he isn't that good.

We were all impressed by his combine numbers and that highlight tape coming out of Richmond, but I remember being at the season finale last year where the Falcons blew out the Bucs in the first half. Sid played the whole second half and only had to worry about rushing the passer. Right up until then, I thought the coaches had it out for him and that he just needed some extended playing time. Well he got it and he didn't do anything. Zilch.

Well he got pushed around like a rag doll in the preseason, and I am guessing the same has been happening in practice. I can't imagine he'll be back with the Falcons next year.

Yep.....stick a fork in him. he's done.

You can bust in any round. Especially when there are UDFA as beaters out there like Jesse Tuggle, Wes Welker, Kurt Warner, John Randle, James Harrison, Jeff Saturday, London Fletcher, Larry Little, Rod Smith, Priest Holmes, Arian Foster, Antonio Gates, Warren Moon and Victor Cruz.

I'd hate to be your stock broker. "You screwed me! You didn't buy Google and Apple and Yahoo when they were $10 a share. You should have known out of all the 5000 stocks to choose from that these 3 would multiply 100x in value."

Do you believe we should trade away our first round pick next draft and get 6 seventh round picks in return?! I mean all 6 are all going to be stars like Jeff Saturday and Larry Little (the only 2 linemen in your list) if only we had a competent GM! We should expect all 6 of those guys to make your list.

Those expectations are dumb. Trust me.

You can bust in any round. Especially when there are UDFA as beaters out there like Jesse Tuggle, Wes Welker, Kurt Warner, John Randle, James Harrison, Jeff Saturday, London Fletcher, Larry Little, Rod Smith, Priest Holmes, Arian Foster, Antonio Gates, Warren Moon and Victor Cruz.

lol, so stupid.

If Abraham's snaps truly are limited this week, some DE play to work contain AND defend the run on the edges out of the backup DEs will be important.

However, Atlanta has worked on strange formations/pre-snap stuff all year.

Nolan knows how to put players in good position to make plays. Not getting burned when Seattle takes their shots and forcing long drives on the ground; while limiting scoring, is the recipe for winning.

The only way this fails is if Lynch runs all over you and Seattle gets several scores in red zone trips, while limiting the Falcons offense to 3 and outs. I doubt they keep the Falcons out of the endzone in this place.

No way in **** without some serious egg laying by the Falcons themselves.

Because he is not that good. I swear some of you guys don't even watch the games. People who say " all he did when he came in was get pressure on the QB " that is absolute crap. The guy just isn't that good. Or if he is then he definitely only plays when he wants too.

I have seen him play well at times, but most of the time he is not doing anything. Like another poster already said, he played like crap in the preseason. He plays RE so he obviously is behind ABE and when Edwards was released and even before, Babs was playing LE over him.

At the end of the day, Mike Nolan is a beast of a D Coordinator. If BVG didn't like Sid enough to give him alot of PT and Nolan doesn't like him enough to give him PT then go ahead and release him.

I would love to see Mass get more snaps though.

Edited by Clark Kent

Because he is not that good. I swear some of you guys don't even watch the games. People who say " all he did when he came in was get pressure on the QB " that is absolute crap. The guy just isn't that good. Or if he is then he definitely only plays when he wants too.

I have seen him play well at times, but most of the time he is not doing anything. Like another poster already said, he played like crap in the preseason. He plays RE so he obviously is behind ABE and when Edwards was released and even before, Babs was playing LE over him.

At the end of the day, Mike Nolan is a beast of a D Coordinator. If BVG didn't like Sid enough to give him alot of PT and Nolan doesn't like him enough to give him PT then go ahead and release him.

I would love to see Mass get more snaps though.

Money..

Tell tale sign for Sidbury is he can't crack the line-up with Mike Nolan as DC pretty much say's it all really.

Really.... REALLY?!

let's role out the generic "everyone passed on all of them so how in the heck are the Falcons scouting dept. expected to be a group of clairvoyant gurus?!"

including the below, to use your examples...

draft Welker in the 7th even though he was tiny (and for that matter was never that special at Miami)

stop Warner bagging groceries and give him a shot in the NFL, after the arena football league(I think!?)

be sure Gates will make the transition from another sport entirely, ignore the race issues at the time of Moon trying to make it as a starter."

I have tolerance for negativity most of the time, but this is beyond ridiculous for a long standing fan to say. UTTERLY RIDICULOUS