Why Do Our Coaches Not Like Lawrence Sidbury

I'm thinking Sidbury wasn't as good of a fit for the hybrid scheme. He looked to have the athleticism neccessary to play the hybrid end/linebacker position but some guys just can't make the transition to playing in space. Kroy, Abe, and to a lesser extent Mass & Mathews have done a good job playing this position. Sid may be the type that is good moving forward but doesn't possess the skills or instincts to play in space.

This guy reminds me of a mirage in the desert or a loch ness monster siting.My biggest concern about this guy is that he's has come in with alot of attributes to do well but hasn't been able to crack the line-up as yet.Even with Mike Nolan here Sidbury has disappeared off the map.

Maybe he just isn't multiple enough for Nolan can't cover can't defend the run means bench for him I mean even Cliff Matthews seems to get more snaps so that really means him and Massoquai are basically battling for the last DE spot.

If I'm honest I think he's gone this off season if we bring in another Rush End.

Edited by kiwifalcon

I'm thinking Sidbury wasn't as good of a fit for the hybrid scheme. He looked to have the athleticism neccessary to play the hybrid end/linebacker position but some guys just can't make the transition to playing in space. Kroy, Abe, and to a lesser extent Mass & Mathews have done a good job playing this position. Sid may be the type that is good moving forward but doesn't possess the skills or instincts to play in space.

He rode the pine in BVG's defense too. I think he's just another in a long list of bust picks by Dimi on the Oline, DLine and at CB.

He rode the pine in BVG's defense too. I think he's just another in a long list of bust picks by Dimi on the Oline, DLine and at CB.

He hasn't started, but dude there's no such thing as a bust pick in the fifth round. Thats like criticizing me for picking the wrong lottery numbers. Only like 10% ever start or stay in the league longer than their initial contract.

Jamal Anderson and TJ Duckett and Aundray Bruce were bust picks. Baker came close until this year and Jerry probably qualifies on TD.

May be he doesn't fit schematically in what Mike Nolan wants to do. Nolan likes Kroy because of versatility and Mass did see some playing time after Ray Edwards was cut. I trust Nolan to make the right call on who fits the scheme and play calling.

Considering how few sacks the other defensive pass rushers have and how limited their playing time has been, maybe only Abe and Biermann fit Nolan's scheme or can play in space. Guess they need to cut about 10 or 12 of our defensive players and bring in a whole new batch this off-season personally approved by Nolan.

Edited by PokerSteve

He hasn't started, but dude there's no such thing as a bust pick in the fifth round. Thats like criticizing me for picking the wrong lottery numbers. Only like 10% ever start or stay in the league longer than their initial contract.

Jamal Anderson and TJ Duckett and Aundray Bruce were bust picks. Baker came close until this year and Jerry probably qualifies on TD.

You can bust in any round. Especially when there are UDFA as beaters out there like Jesse Tuggle, Wes Welker, Kurt Warner, John Randle, James Harrison, Jeff Saturday, London Fletcher, Larry Little, Rod Smith, Priest Holmes, Arian Foster, Antonio Gates, Warren Moon and Victor Cruz.