Would You Draft The Honey Badger?

The Vent King

Seeing that Ty Mathieu has ruined his name and rep, there's a solid chance he'll be available to whomever wants to draft him...question is would you give this young man who like many of us his age has made mistakes a chance with our Falcon franchise?

If we got him for next to nothing I probably would, but on a very short leash.

Thoughts?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nope. he was suspended and then removed from the team for repeat offenses. obviously he did not learn from his first mistake. we are interested in high character guys, which he has proven not to be. everyone makes mistakes, but he failed to learn from it. pass.

Yeah, 5th round or later I would. Remember Janoris Jenkins? Yeah, that guy turned things around and had off field issues also. Even if he doesn't pan out it wouldn't matter because you're not losing much for that spot. I'm sure the Lions will pick him up before that though. lulz.

Yeah, 5th round or later I would. Remember Janoris Jenkins? Yeah, that guy turned things around and had off field issues also. Even if he doesn't pan out it wouldn't matter because you're not losing much for that spot. I'm sure the Lions will pick him up before that though. lulz.

Yea but Jenkins went on to play another year of college football at another school without any problems. I think that Mathieu's decision to not play another college season will hurt him more than it would have if he had just transferred to another school and played another year of football to help his reputation.

As a late round pick where you don't Have to tie much money into it heck yeah. Talent exceeds personal problems. If he screws up then you cut him and it doesn't sting as much. Weed aint never hurt nobody.

For me it's not even about the weed.....IMO it should be legalized tomorrow.....it's more about his lack of discipline, his inability (so far) to fit within a system.

Getting more money and free time is going to correct that?

As a late round pick where you don't Have to tie much money into it heck yeah. Talent exceeds personal problems. If he screws up then you cut him and it doesn't sting as much. Weed aint never hurt nobody.

It hurt him but I get what you're saying. I agree with what you're saying but on the real weed has cost the badger MILLIONS of dollars. I don't know, but that would hurt me bad lol

For me it's not even about the weed.....IMO it should be legalized tomorrow.....it's more about his lack of discipline, his inability (so far) to fit within a system.

Getting more money and free time is going to correct that?

get him around the right group of men, it's possible. I can't say yeah because I don't know how he is in life but if he can get past it and realize the opportunity, he doesn't deserve to don any teams colors, even the Bengal. I would take a chance on him because the talent is there, but if he puts himself in a situation where it affects the team then he's gone with no burn afterward, that's why you pick him up after outside of the 3rd round but there will be a team that risks a 2nd or 3rd rounder on him and if he turns his life around, that team will be getting a steal

It hurt him but I get what you're saying. I agree with what you're saying but on the real weed has cost the badger MILLIONS of dollars. I don't know, but that would hurt me bad lol

i agree, weed is the least of all evils, but he let it cost him something he "loves" which is playing football. so if he could have held up after the first offense, but it seems he loves weed more than football since he got removed from the team a year later for same thing. if he loves weed more than football like gritz said, getting money and free time will probably not help the situation. and as tvk it has now cost him millions.

man I wouldn't be within 20 feet of weed if I KNEW for a fact that iI'm good enough to be a top 10 pick in any sport. I don't care how cool it am with the boys smoking it. Sometimes you gotta turn your back and be smart, no matter who you piss off. He and Crowell both were stupid in what they did.

get him around the right group of men, it's possible. I can't say yeah because I don't know how he is in life but if he can get past it and realize the opportunity, he doesn't deserve to don any teams colors, even the Bengal. I would take a chance on him because the talent is there, but if he puts himself in a situation where it affects the team then he's gone with no burn afterward, that's why you pick him up after outside of the 3rd round but there will be a team that risks a 2nd or 3rd rounder on him and if he turns his life around, that team will be getting a steal

Fair points.

i agree, weed is the least of all evils, but he let it cost him something he "loves" which is playing football. so if he could have held up after the first offense, but it seems he loves weed more than football since he got removed from the team a year later for same thing. if he loves weed more than football like gritz said, getting money and free time will probably not help the situation. and as tvk it has now cost him millions.

I think the discipline for weed should be toned down a bit. It wouldn't surprise me if a good portion of the players in the league smoke like crazy in the offseason, heck Randy Moss admitted to smoking weed during then offseason but i can't recall him ever getting suspended for it. Only seen him ball out of control. First Round picks have admitted to smoking in college and even failed test at then combine. Not saying that they shouldn't get in trouble at all but they need to lessen the penalty. With some of the decisions Goodell makes, it wouldn't surprise me if he failed a drug test right now lol Edited by ya_boi_j

Falcons Filter, people. The Badger will never get his honey in the A-T-L.

True, true BUT wouldn't that make a great story if the one franchise that is on that "high character" thing as much as any team in the Falcons were to take an unexpected chance on him and then he turns it around and helps solidify our defense into something no one ever...okay let me just stop dam that's not gonna happen you're right Supes.

I think the discipline for weed should be toned down a bit. It wouldn't surprise me if a good portion of the players in the league smoke like crazy in the offseason, heck Randy Moss admitted to smoking weed during then offseason but i can't recall him ever getting suspended for it. Only seen him ball out of control. First Round picks have admitted to smoking in college and even failed test at then combine. Not saying that they shouldn't get in trouble at all but they need to lessen the penalty. With some of the decisions Goodell makes, it wouldn't surprise me if he failed a drug test right now lol

oh i agree, but having discipline is what it boils down to. right now he seems to lack it. i mean i got no prob with burning one, but you got to decide what is most important sometimes. and by his choice he chose weed over playing and millions.

oh i agree, but having discipline is what it boils down to. right now he seems to lack it. i mean i got no prob with burning one, but you got to decide what is most important sometimes. and by his choice he chose weed over playing and millions.

I hope he can get it together wherever he lands. He needs a real group of veterans around him that can help keep him out of trouble. He spoon will invite him over to play guitar hero with the guys lol

For a 7th rd Comp pick.... maybe.

I think he is weak minded and always will be. Can he get better? Surely. Is he worth the potential headaches? Emphatically NO!

On the point is he going to be good in the NFL?? I don't think he will be worth more than a very late pick; even if he were Saint-like. mellow.png Well now that I say that... he IS "Saint-like" so perhaps they draft him so he can return to his fav city more easily.