New Position To Consider In Mock Drafts....

egoprime II

Seeing Ponder not play today got me to thinking....are McCown and Davis good options for us as backups?

Maybe TD should be looking for a QB in this next draft. Not in the first couple of rounds, but later. Say round three onward.

Any potential rookies out there worth looking at this year?

Edited by egoprime II

Davis is hyped up big time but I wouldn't want to rely on him to get this team a win in the playoffs in his debut. McCown would be my choice but they would probably bail him out with the run. From everything I've heard this is the worst qb class ever. I don't really follow college players outside of my favorite team

Edited by ya_boi_j

I truly think DD is pretty good, but McClown is chit....I just dont know man, I think I would just as soon hold on to DD but find a vet FA option to upgrade #2 from McClown, and let DD develop as the #3 one more year before taking over at #2 .....thing is if we bring in a rook QB that would prolly mean we still need a vet backup and we would be forced to cut Davis, I think we better off using all those picks to help fill true holes and depth.....

I truly think DD is pretty good, but McClown is chit....I just dont know man, I think I would just as soon hold on to DD but find a vet FA option to upgrade #2 from McClown, and let DD develop as the #3 one more year before taking over at #2 .....thing is if we bring in a rook QB that would prolly mean we still need a vet backup and we would be forced to cut Davis, I think we better off using all those picks to help fill true holes and depth.....

I do not follow college ball so I don't know who is out there. Since we are already seeing mock drafts on the boards, I thought I would give those posters something to consider, especially seeing the success of Yates, Cousins, Wilson.....

PS Halder was a good general, but I doubt he would have said that if he talked to Guderian Rundstedt or Manstein first... :P

Edited by egoprime II

I do not follow college ball so I don't know who is out there. Since we are already seeing mock drafts on the boards, I thought I would give those posters something to consider, especially seeing the success of Yates, Cousins, Wilson.....

PS Halder was a good general, but I doubt he would have said that if he talked to Guderian Rundstedt or Manstein first... tongue.png

LOL ! I respect a man that knows his history ! yea and Japan thought they awoke a sleeping giant, shows you what overconfidence can do for a team ! laugh.png

Guest Negatorris

Unless TD can find the next Brady, no back up will come in if Ryan goes down and will play well enough to keep us relevant. I think Davis could grow into a person who can manage the game if we ever needed him too, but we wouldn't do anything significant with him.

Unless TD can find the next Brady, no back up will come in if Ryan goes down and will play well enough to keep us relevant. I think Davis could grow into a person who can manage the game if we ever needed him too, but we wouldn't do anything significant with him.

Thing is though DD was lights out in pre when he got to play, mofo was such a long shot to make the roster, you KNOW the staff must see real potential in him to keep him since he was supposed to just be a camp arm .....

LOL ! I respect a man that knows his history ! yea and Japan thought the.y awoke a sleeping giant, shows you what overconfidence can do for a team ! laugh.png

Yamamoto sure thought that, had a hard time selling that idea to Tojo though. If they had consulted Hitler first he could have told them what a bad idea it would be to attack the US. But Japan remembered beating Russia with a harbor attack on thier fleet, so they figured Pearl Harbor might bring the same result. Maybe it would have if the US Navy had not spanked the Jap fleet at Midway.....

Japan = Seattle Seahawks/Washington Redskins I hope...tongue.png

Football IS war, when you think about it....ground attack, air attack, field generals, blitzes...

I've read The Last 100 Days, Winds of War/War and Remembrance (skip the romance and its pretty good!), Jeff Shaara's trilogy, and more multiple times.

And if anyone is curious about WWII, play Hearts of Iron: Doomsday. Its Axis and Allies on steroids. smile.png

BTW freebird310 thanks for the props, same to you!

Edited by egoprime II

So hard to find a backup you can win with. Its even harder to keep one when you do find him...

Yamamoto sure thought that, had a hard time selling that idea to Tojo though. If they had consulted Hitler first he could have told them what a bad idea it would be to attack the US. But Japan remembered beating Russia with a harbor attack on thier fleet, so they figured Pearl Harbor might bring the same result. Maybe it would have if the US Navy had not spanked the Jap fleet at Midway.....

Japan = Seattle Seahawks/Washington Redskins I hope...tongue.png

Football IS war, when you think about it....ground attack, air attack, field generals, blitzes...

I've read The Last 100 Days, Winds of War/War and Remembrance (skip the romance and its pretty good!), Jeff Shaara's trilogy, and more multiple times.

And if anyone is curious about WWII, play Hearts of Iron: Doomsday. Its Axis and Allies on steroids. smile.png

BTW freebird310 thanks for the props, same to you!

Try the Ian Kershaw books as well, Hitler: 1889–1936 /. Hitler, 1936–1945 , the 36 -45 is a hardcore look at Hitler as warlord, breaks down every military order he ever made, best most concise book I have ever read regarding the overall European war , and especially detailed regarding the Russian campaign ...

Try the Ian Kershaw books as well, Hitler: 1889–1936 /. Hitler, 1936–1945 , the 36 -45 is a hardcore look at Hitler as warlord, breaks down every military order he ever made, best most concise book I have ever read regarding the overall European war , and especially detailed regarding the Russian campaign ...

Getting some good detail on the Russian front would be nice! Darn Soviets were so secretive for so long it was hard to get any good facts on that campaign, thanks for the advice, man!

I really like reading books with lots of military detail. I am still getting over Tom Clancy retiring... :P

None of us know how good DD is. McCown has form but not all that inspiring form. DD showed in pre season he can hit you in the numbers and seems to have decent pocket awareness with some scrambling ability. His arm is strong too.

I wouldn't worry too much about QB in this draft, I still expect DD to move on up in the pre season deposing McCown as the first back up. He is one of a few reasons to be excited about the pre season next season.