The Reason I Believe The Falcons Can And Will Beat Anyone They Play

JermareATL

Besides our 0-3 playoff record, a lot of experts and fair-whether fans like to look at our performances against bad teams as to why we won't have success in the playoffs, but the thing is, we're not going to be playing any bad teams in the playoffs so those games don't even matter. Look at the games we've played against GOOD teams. We've dominated most, if not all of them. Broncos, Redskins, Cowboys, Giants, Saints (Good offense at least). We made Drew Brees, Eli and Peyton Manning all look like they suck, we made RG3 an absolute non-factor. I don't know why a lot of you guys are scared to play certain teams, even if Rodney Harrison was right about teams not being afraid to play us, I'm afraid FOR those teams. The Falcons truly are scary.

Besides our 0-3 playoff record, a lot of experts and fair-whether fans like to look at our performances against bad teams as to why we won't have success in the playoffs, but the thing is, we're not going to be playing any bad teams in the playoffs so those games don't even matter. Look at the games we've played against GOOD teams. We've dominated most, if not all of them. Broncos, Redskins, Cowboys, Giants, Saints (Good offense at least). We made Drew Brees, Eli and Peyton Manning all look like they suck, we made RG3 an absolute non-factor. I don't know why a lot of you guys are scared to play certain teams, even if Rodney Harrison was right about teams not being afraid to play us, I'm afraid FOR those teams. The Falcons truly are scary.

Agreed....we truly will defend our house and ain't nobody beating us!!! 3 games to glory !

We have a team capable of getting to the Super Bowl and winning it. We also have a team that is capable of showing up flat and losing in the first round. I don't think brave words on a fan message board are going to result in victory, nor do I think those who approach the situation with a more nuanced, reserved outlook are going to make any difference either. It's up to the team either way, and taking a classless cheap shot at fans who aren't ready to declare this team the GOAT before they've even accomplished the first step toward the Super Bowl is a very immature way to express your fandom. But I'm sure you aren't really capable of grasping things except on the most superficial level, so do carry on.

We have a team capable of getting to the Super Bowl and winning it. We also have a team that is capable of showing up flat and losing in the first round. I don't think brave words on a fan message board are going to result in victory, nor do I think those who approach the situation with a more nuanced, reserved outlook are going to make any difference either. It's up to the team either way, and taking a classless cheap shot at fans who aren't ready to declare this team the GOAT before they've even accomplished the first step toward the Super Bowl is a very immature way to express your fandom. But I'm sure you aren't really capable of grasping things except on the most superficial level, so do carry on.

It's like you didn't even read what I typed, and instead made up your own interpretation that happens to be miles from my intention. Talk about immature...

It's like you didn't even read what I typed, and instead made up your own interpretation that happens to be miles from my intention. Talk about immature...

You took a cheap shot by calling people who don't happen to agree with your rosy assessment by calling them fair weather fans. Now you don't even have the manhood to step up and acknowledge what you did. Pathetic, pig-headed and childish.

There are no guarantees in the NFL. They wouldn't call them upsets in they didn't occur.

.....but I like our chances. We are a talented bunch.

The window of opportunity has never been more wide open for our birds. (for decades that window was nailed shut)

Three wins from mecca.

The tip of Everest.

Win just one and forever relevant.

Confetti equals respect.

Fly birds.

Fly.

You took a cheap shot by calling people who don't happen to agree with your rosy assessment by calling them fair weather fans. Now you don't even have the manhood to step up and acknowledge what you did. Pathetic, pig-headed and childish.

I was about to say I can't even believe what I'm reading, but then I realized I'm on the internet. Are you actually being serious or am I just being trolled? I actually find it humorous how someone could spin what I said into whatever you're accusing me of. This board, man... lol.

blink.png only team we dominated was nyg

In my opinion we dominated both the Saints and Broncos, but I guess we just have different definitions.

Edited by JBtheHunter

I think when this team is motivated and has doubters to prove, they play lights out. As long as the Falcons are fearless and are willing to do what ever it takes to win, they will win

The stage is set for this team to really make a statement. They've earned the right to be where they are as number one seed. Now it's time for this team to show up and kick some azz.

I believe Poker Steve was referring to posters like me who say things like--

".....the television commentariat and sportstalk soothsayers not withstanding, I look at the NFL and see a very strong and disciplined team, the Atlanta Falcons, and 31 Sad Sacks. 31 teams with a few talented players and a preponderance of stumble bums. One great team and 31 Also Rans. Wildcard Saturday didn't show me a team in either conference in Atlanta's League and that includes the Pack. Sunday won't either................"

Of course I just say such things to aggravate the natterring nabobs of negativism. PokerSteve is also right that the clearly superior Falcons are capable of coming out flat and losing. Some think that likely, I disagree. Past events don't dictate the future. If you flip a coin and it comes up heads three times the odds for heads on the fourth flip are.......50:50. That's lower odds than I put for an Atlanta Lombardi this year. Atlanta has improved. A couple of others have improved a little but not enough to stop us.

Also--If a team wins the Lombardi by ever increasing margins..........like say the Falcons won in Week 2 and then won the Conference Championship by even more points than they won by in Week 2. and then won the Super Bowl by a margin even greater than the margin by which they won the NFCC, then I think that team's Lombardi Trophy should be bigger than all the other Lombardis. And it should have some jewels too.

Yes but I was naming out teams that have been good offensively this season (2 of which are in the playoffs). Neither the Chargers or Eagles have been good offensively this season. Those were solid wins, but we did to those teams what we should have done to bad teams.

Chargers were unbeaten when Falcons played them and Falcons were underdog both in Vegas and Media against SD.

Also--If a team wins the Lombardi by ever increasing margins..........like say the Falcons won in Week 2 and then won the Conference Championship by even more points than they won by in Week 2. and then won the Super Bowl by a margin even greater than the margin by which they won the NFCC, then I think that team's Lombardi Trophy should be bigger than all the other Lombardis. And it should have some jewels too.

And a keg.

Okay just to clarify, just in case PokerSteve was reading my post while he was sleepy, drunk, high or something like that, I didn't say anyone who doesn't think we're unbeatable is a fair-weather fan, I didn't say anyone who thinks we'll lose because of our performances against bad teams is a fair-whether fan, and I sure as **** didn't say people who don't happen to agree with my "rosy assessment" is a fair-whether fan.

I said, exactly: "a lot of experts and fair-whether fans like to look at our performances against bad teams as to why we won't have success in the playoffs."

Using your logic, if I said "A lot of people who like Justin Beiber are crazy" that would apparently mean what I ACTUALLY said was "Everyone who is crazy likes Justin Beiber." Two statements that, by your flawed logic, mean the same thing, when in actuality, they don't. The fact that you have the nerve to come in here and completely disrespect me by calling out my freaking manhood and saying I need to own up to something I flat out didn't do, especially in a thread where I was simply stating my humble opinion, is clear indication that you're not someone I'd like to associate with. Ignored.

Edited by JBtheHunter

You don't think we dominated (at least defensively) the Broncos, Redskins and Saints?

broncos maybe in the first half. redskins if it wasn t for 17 4th qtr points we might not win against a back up. even with 5 picks breez still threw for 350 and they had 100+ yards rushin. when i think dominate i think of what we did to the giants. no 100 yard wrs or rusher, eli barely completes half his passes. that sort of thing.

Chargers were unbeaten when Falcons played them and Falcons were underdog both in Vegas and Media against SD.

Yes they were. But it was only the 3rd game of the season the 2 wins the Chargers had to start the season were against the 4-12 Raiders and 6-10 Titans. Also the Chargers 31st in offensive yards and 20th in points scored. The Chargers were not a good football team this season. That win while solid, isn't one to brag about. We took care of business against a bad team like we should have done. Nothing more, nothing less.

I almost think it's more significant because we took care of a bad team because we THOUGHT they were good. I agree, they're bad...but we came out there playing like we thought they were a good opponent. We only look bad when we don't take an opponent seriously. Otherwise, we're at least competitive, and often look...awesome.

broncos maybe in the first half. redskins if it wasn t for 17 4th qtr points we might not win against a back up. even with 5 picks breez still threw for 350 and they had 100+ yards rushin. when i think dominate i think of what we did to the giants. no 100 yard wrs or rusher, eli barely completes half his passes. that sort of thing.

There's a difference between domination and total domination in my eyes. My definition of domination is when you significantly outdo your opponent in most phases of the game, which we did against both the Broncos and the Saints. Against the Giants however, we totally dominated them.

RGIII had his worst game of the season against us. We have been the only team to completely shut him down. He completed 10 of 15 passes for only 91 yards and had only 1 run for 7 yards. It's one of only 2 games this season that RGIII had no passing or rushing touchdowns in. The other was a loss to the Panthers but even in that game he had over 200 yards passing and 50 yards rushing. If it weren't for a blown coverage after Kirk Cousins came in the Redskins would have had 3 total offensive points for the game. That is my definition of shutting down.