Expanded Playoffs?

Falconsfan567

They better not expand the playoffs, it is all about greed. The NFL is fine they way it is. Make a team work to get in, not just manage to get 7-9 and make it.

If they do expand it, I would hope it would be a requirement to at least have a winning record to make it in. So no 8-8 or below teams in even of they are only 5 teams with winning records.

If you can't manage a winning record in the regular season you don't belong in the playoffs at all.

So with that the NFC could of had more playoff teams (Bears 10-6 & Giants 9-7), but the AFC no way.

Fk the hypocrite Nanny Goodwell, I hate him, and he is bent on turning the NFL into an aerial circus where ALL games will be 55-47, he wants basketball scores, next thing the bastid wants to do is eliminate kickoffs, truly he has a Hitlerian vision of change that will lead the NFL to destruction just like Hitler did Germany, I HATE, I mean HATE this MOFO who is killing our game in the bogus name of " safety " ......

The best idea I've heard came from Pat Kirwan. Add 1 team from each conference to the playoffs. That makes the #2 seed have to play a game the first week, doesn't dilute the field,gets the extra revenue and doesn't extend the season.

Format:

1 gets bye and home field throughout

7 @ 2 (Chi @ SF)

6 @ 3 (Minn @ GB)

5 @ 4 (Sea @ Wash)

As you can see, it doesn't change a whole lot, a 10-6 team wouldn't miss the playoffs and it makes the #1 seed more valuable...

The best idea I've heard came from Pat Kirwan. Add 1 team from each conference to the playoffs. That makes the #2 seed have to play a game the first week, doesn't dilute the field,gets the extra revenue and doesn't extend the season.

Format:

1 gets bye and home field throughout

7 @ 2 (Chi @ SF)

6 @ 3 (Minn @ GB)

5 @ 4 (Sea @ Wash)

As you can see, it doesn't change a whole lot, a 10-6 team wouldn't miss the playoffs and it makes the #1 seed more valuable...

If you do that in the AFC that puts 8-8 Pittsburgh in the playoffs. That to me is diluting the field.

the playoff format the NFL has now its perfect. They will change it though, just for the reason there is more money to be made. The exact situation with making the NCAA basketball tournament bigger.

Agree. They'll go with whatever format makes the owners and the league the most money, not what offers the non-paying fans the most excitement or enjoyment. Money, money, money. The whole friggin' world has been taken over by the bean counters. SMH