Jaws: Matt Ryan #4 Qb In Nfl

D-NO

I wouldn't say that Brady is easily number 1. Peyton Manning beats Brady by a landslide. Denver has a team of receivers that nobody knew. Everyone knows them now.

Brady has don the same thing in NE. Welker was cut in pre season by the Jets and went to NE and became an All-Pro overnight. His other primary weapons have been two mid round TE's over the past few years. Hardly household names until Brady was throwing them balls.

Most of the time that Peyton was with the Colts he had 1st round picks surrounding him while Brady had castoffs and unknowns surrounding him but still won 3 Superbowls.

Brady hasn't won a superbowl in 8 years or without a top tier defense. His best statistical year, ('07) his team lost in the last game.

Just trying to be devils advocate because I don't think it's clear cut either way.

Brady hasn't won a superbowl in 8 years or without a top tier defense. His best statistical year, ('07) his team lost in the last game.

Just trying to be devils advocate because I don't think it's clear cut either way.

Yea, All I was basically saying though is that Brady has done alot with less than Peyton has in regards to offensive personnel most of his career.

Also it took the Colts defense to step up in the playoffs to finally lead Peyton to his 1st and only SB win. The Colts in 2006 were ranked 21st during the regular season but got healthy when playoff time came and ranked 1st in total defense in the playoffs.

Edited by DawnOfThemBirds

Yea, All I was basically saying though is that Brady has done alot with less than Peyton has in regards to offensive personnel most of his career.

Also it took the Colts defense to step up in the playoffs to finally lead Peyton to his 1st and only SB win. The Colts in 2006 were ranked 21st during the regular season but got healthy when playoff time came and ranked 1st in total defense in the playoffs.

But has Brady really done less with more? He's had a better line for almost his entire career (with the exception of maybe this year, Denver has a pretty good o line) and the years he has put up "elite" numbers, he's had playmakers like Moss, Welker, Gronk, Hernandez and a good run game with Corey Dillon and this year Ridley has played pretty good. . In addition, Bill Belichick may be the best coach in the league when it comes to find and using role players.

Just food for thought.

But has Brady really done less with more? He's had a better line for almost his entire career (with the exception of maybe this year, Denver has a pretty good o line) and the years he has put up "elite" numbers, he's had playmakers like Moss, Welker, Gronk, Hernandez and a good run game with Corey Dillon and this year Ridley has played pretty good. . In addition, Bill Belichick may be the best coach in the league when it comes to find and using role players.

Just food for thought.

I agree that Brady has had the better line over the years but Peyton had Harrision, Wayne, Clark, and Edgerrin James for a big part of his career while before 2007 the best receivers that Brady had were a 8th round pick(drafted back when the NFL had more than 7 rounds) named Troy Brown and Deion Branch. True that Brady did not put up monster stats until Moss, Welker, Gronk, and Hernandez but he was a top QB and was in the discussion for the best QB in the NFL along with Peyton before 2007 as well.

Peyton had a 1000 yard rusher in Edgerrin James until 2005 and then had Addi who was a 1000 yard rusher and a good RB until he suffered a knee injury at the exact same time that Brady had Dillon at RB.

Both had no run game for a few seasons after losing those RBs until recently.

Plus, Ryan's easily the #2 QB in the NFC play-offs. If the 9er's happen to knock off the Pack next week, he's #1. (And even if they don't, Nolan against Rodgers could be a thing of beauty.)

Things have lined up very nicely for a trip to Nawlins. We just have to handle our business.

Ya don't say...

/purple

I wouldn't say that Brady is easily number 1. Peyton Manning beats Brady by a landslide. Denver has a team of receivers that nobody knew. Everyone knows them now.

Demaryus Thomas was a 1st round pick and is right up there with Andre Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald in raw talent. He had Tim Tebow throwing him the ball last year. In a playoff game, my money is on Brady over Manning.

The WRs Peyton was throwing to in his prime is one of the greatest units ever assembled. He had a pair of All-Pro WRs for almost an entire decade. He won one Super Bowl and overall has a losing playoff record. I've always felt Peyton and the offense he runs is overrated. He runs the entire thing at the line but its not that complex of a system. The better teams and defenses have faired pretty well against him in the playoffs. The media just has an absolute love affair with him. He's not the only QB in the NFL that can run an entire offense at the line of scrimmage.

Lost in Matt Flynn's incredible performance against Detroit in 2011 was the fact that Aaron Rodgers had the headset on and was calling the plays that day. My money's on Brady and Rodgers as the best QBs in the NFL. Few people remember that the Colts won the Super Bowl while Peyton Manning was playing like absolute garbage in three out of the four playoff games. Overall in that postseason run he had 3 TDs and 7 INTs. There is no way the Patriots or Packers are winning in the playoff with Brady or Rodgers playing like that.