Mort And Shefty On Nolan:

FalconsIn2012

They just reported that Caldwell is going in for second interview and if hired, his #1 is to hire Mike Nolan as head coach. His #2 option is his college roommate and current 49ers OC. I'm not liking the feeling of this development. It's sad to root against anyone, but I'm hoping he does not get the GM job with the Jaguars.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just posted this over in one of the Mike Nolan threads, I thougth it was the DC from SF, but you're right, they did say OC was his room mate. I feel the same way, maybe caldwell won't get the job. At what point is the 'bye week' considered over so they can't be interviewed anymore until we're done winning the SB?

I just posted this over in one of the Mike Nolan threads, I thougth it was the DC from SF, but you're right, they did say OC was his room mate. I feel the same way, maybe caldwell won't get the job. At what point is the 'bye week' considered over so they can't be interviewed anymore until we're done winning the SB?

think the week doesn't start until Tuesday or Wednesday

If he does become the GM and gets rid of MM what does that say since they were both here together?

They both reported that Caldwell does not agree with MM as a head coach and will get rid of him quickly. I'm thinking MM really burned some bridges with his actions in Atlanta during 2011. Things that have never and will never be made public.

If he does become the GM and gets rid of MM what does that say since they were both here together?

Lol MM just isn't a good coach. I was so baffled at the people on here defending him yet bashing Koetter and ignoring his lack of talent in JAX. JAX wasn't the second worst team in the NFL with Koetter there.

They both reported that Caldwell does not agree with MM as a head coach and will get rid of him quickly. I'm thinking MM really burned some bridges with his actions in Atlanta during 2011. Things that have never and will never be made public.

His 2 points in the playoffs was done pubicly enough for us to be ridiculed every time someone mentions us.

Screw Mike Mularkey.

Not happening. Stop posting this crap

Ok Confucius...I'll put my head in the sand, cross my fingers and hope for the best. But the bottom line is they are respected insiders and if they are reporting it, you can guarantee there is a hint of truth. I'm not saying he would even accept the Head Coaching job, just passing on what I heard. Calm yourself, it's ok...if you need a hug, just let me know.

Some stuff did come out from Arthur Blank in an interview when he had a moment of lapse talking about coaching staff and gave more than he would have liked.

I'm really at the point that I just don't care anymore. If Nolan leaves here after one year to be the HC at Jax then he deserves the probable failure and 2-3 year firing that will inevitably come his way.

one thing that was public, MM saying we didn't have the personell to run screens....and yet with basically the same personell under DK, we lead the league this year with yardage and TD's with screens didn't we? That kind of failure, then the public statement, could very well fall into one of the things Caldwell would hold against him. That and Turner off tackle, half time adjustments slim to non existant, and seeing a play work early in a game only to never see it again.....

now throw in the 'inside' stuff that we never hear about......

Ok Confucius...I'll put my head in the sand, cross my fingers and hope for the best. But the bottom line is they are respected insiders and if they are reporting it, you can guarantee there is a hint of truth. I'm not saying he would even accept the Head Coaching job, just passing on what I heard. Calm yourself, it's ok...if you need a hug, just let me know.

Nolan can't interview till end of playoffs, its unlikely that Jax will wait for that long to appoint a coach. Either ways Jags are too late in coaching search.

I'm really at the point that I just don't care anymore. If Nolan leaves here after one year to be the HC at Jax then he deserves the probable failure and 2-3 year firing that will inevitably come his way.

If we got Mel Tucker, then I'd be at least a little less upset. Tucker is a beast of a HC. Maybe not as creative as Nolan, but definitely got the most out of the Browns and Jags talent he's coached.

Nolan can't interview till end of playoffs, its unlikely that Jax will wait for that long to appoint a coach. Either ways Jags are too late in coaching search.

That's true... and I'm not sure why anyone would want to coach a terrible team that is likely to hire Tebow to play quarterback. Nolan could do much, much better in 2-3 years.

His 2 points in the playoffs was done pubicly enough for us to be ridiculed every time someone mentions us.

Screw Mike Mularkey.

in discussing the Vikings having to play outside at Lambeau in the cold, Keyshawn just basically used that as our excuse for the giants playoff loss last year. LMAO I'm guessing he doesn't know anything about our trip to NY when we beat the jets a few years ago in a snow storm.....

Would it be the 2 point game where the D scored the points, or the fact that MM said we couldn't block them and basically that admits he couldn't game plan to beat them?

If we got Mel Tucker, then I'd be at least a little less upset. Tucker is a beast of a HC. Maybe not as creative as Nolan, but definitely got the most out of the Browns and Jags talent he's coached.

I agree, Tucker would do a good job as DC....Don't want Lovie...I don't want to go back to that passive Tampa 2 shell crap all the time...

We've seen that movie.....

with all the openings, isn't KC the only one who's made the hire so far? how can the jags be that must behind anyone else? esp the other teams who need to hire a GM too?