Mike Nolan Unlikely To Land Eagles Hc Job

falcons007

Interview with Nolan didn't last long as per ABC PHI Sportscaster. Y'all can breathe easy at least for now.

Jeff Skversky@JeffSkversky

The Eagles interviews with Mike Nolan & Keith Armstrong did not last very long last night in Atlanta & they don't appear to be the favorites

Edit: Eagles have been granted Permission to interview Seahawks DC and still waiting for permission to interview Colts OC

Edited by falcons007

I dont like the rule on interviewing coaches during the playoffs. Not one bit.

No team should be allowed to interview playoff coaches until after the SB.

It messed us up with Mularky last season, and it could do the same this year. Dude should have been working on a winning offensive gameplan against the Giants instead of googling housing developments in Jacksonville.

If you decide to fire your coach immediately after week 17, as the Eagles did, then your team can just sit in Limbo until after the SB is played.

Our guys should be focused on one thing - winning that Lombardi trophy. Not other job opportunities.

I dont like the rule on interviewing coaches during the playoffs. Not one bit.

No team should be allowed to interview playoff coaches until after the SB.

It messed us up with Mularky last season, and it could do the same this year. Dude should have been working on a winning offensive gameplan against the Giants instead of googling housing developments in Jacksonville.

If you decide to fire your coach immediately after week 17, as the Eagles did, then your team can just sit in Limbo until after the SB is played.

Our guys should be focused on one thing - winning that Lombardi trophy. Not other job opportunities.

MM was not interviewed last year during playoff preparation and Coaches are Pro's and can spare few hours during Bye week with out an opponent to game plan. It would be bad if they get appointed before playoffs.

Edited by falcons007

Link? That is not how i remember it going down.

The rest of it is your opinion.

I thought MM interviewed with the Browns last year during prep week, on Tuesday maybe? I could me remembering wrong though.

editing: that was Jan 8, 2011, not last year, googled it to be sure. He interviewed with Jax on Tuesday after the Falcons lost on Sunday.

Edited by papachaz

Link? That is not how i remember it going down.

The rest of it is your opinion.

Falcons didn't have a bye week last year. Mike Nolan is getting Interviewed in bye week which is different andMS could have denied permission if he wanted to last year.

Edited by falcons007

Falcons didn't have a bye week last year.

Check my above link.

Jan 2nd Jacksonville asked permission to interview for a head coaching job and we, of course, granted permission.

He was hired on Jan. 11th.

In between there, we played an uninspiring playoff game with an abhorent offensive gameplan that will be laughed at for the next 25 years.

I rest my case. happy.png

Check my above link.

Jan 2nd Jacksonville asked permission to interview for a head coaching job and we, of course, granted permission.

He was hired on Jan. 11th.

In between there, we played an uninspiring playoff game with an abhorent offensive gameplan that will be laughed at for the next 25 years.

I rest my case. happy.png

I know MM was interviewed but it was not during Bye week. MS and TD could have denied the permission to interview MM . The rule applies only for teams with Bye week, teams can't deny permission during bye week. It was reported that MS told both OC and DC to look for jobs after the Saints game, Arthur Blank had to calm down MS after the saints game.

Edited by falcons007

I know MM was interviewed but it was not during Bye week. MS and TD could have denied the permission to interview MM . The rule applies only for teams with Bye week, teams can't deny permission during bye week. It was reported that MS told both OC and DC to look for jobs after the Saints game, Arthur Blank had to calm down MS after the saints game.

To my point.

You are working at Burger King for 6 bucks an hour.

Emeril calls and wants you to come work at his LA restaraunt in 9 days for 28 bucks an hour.

Now....are you focused on Burger King for those 9 days? Giving out the best food you can make? Or are you scouring the web for details on the area where you will hopefully start your new life?

I just dont like the interview rules. Plain and simple.

It gives an advantage to teams that finish badly because they get a head start on the off-season. And there might be some who might want to disrupt a team still alive in the postseason.

Whats wrong with teams having to wait till after the SB?

Eagles probably interviewed Nolan as a "meh, might as well talk to him" deal while they were in town to satisfy the Rooney rule with Armstrong.

Bring out the pitchforks if we have a terrible defensive game next sunday though.

Or if Jacksonville hires Caldwell from our front office and decides to poach Nolan.

To my point.

You are working at Burger King for 6 bucks an hour.

Emeril calls and wants you to come work at his LA restaraunt in 9 days for 28 bucks an hour.

Now....are you focused on Burger King for those 9 days? Giving out the best food you can make? Or are you scouring the web for details on the area where you will hopefully start your new life?

I just dont like the interview rules. Plain and simple.

It gives an advantage to teams that finish badly because they get a head start on the off-season. And there might be some who might want to disrupt a team still alive in the postseason.

Whats wrong with teams having to wait till after the SB?

The coaching jobs are not Burger king jobs. Lets say your VP of a company and you are on hook for Multi Billion $ revenue. That doesn't mean I am not going to interview for other jobs because I will screw up my current job. The higher you go the more professional it usually is, if the Coordinators screw up because of interview its harder for them to get hired or granted permission next year. These type of changes are pretty common in high level jobs.

Edited by falcons007

The coaching jobs are not Burger king jobs. Lets say your VP of a company and you are on hook for Multi Billion $ revenue. That doesn't mean I am not going to interview for other jobs because I will screw up my current job. The higher you go the more professional it usually is, if the Coordinators screw up because of interview its harder for them to get hired or granted permission next year. These type of changes are pretty common in high level jobs.

You didnt answer either of my questions. lol

But the main one is...whats wrong with teams having to wait until after the SB?

It would end any speculations about unfair practices in hiring or disadvantages with disruption to teams still alive in the postseason.

You didnt answer either of my questions. lol

But the main one is...whats wrong with teams having to wait until after the SB?

It would end any speculations about unfair practices in hiring or disadvantages with disruption to teams still alive in the postseason.

Its about different perspective and if a Coach is getting paid close 2 M$ a year, they are expected to be Professionals. Also in a Bye week they don't have much to do.