Chip Kelly Close To Deal With The Browns

WiscoFalcon

That does not bode well for us with Mike Nolan, eagles probably increasing interest.

Respectfully disagree....I believe that Lurie and the Eagles want to make a bigger splash than Mike Nolan.

that could be, but who?

I have this weird feeling that Lurie is working on someone none of us know about.....Don't know if it's a Cowher, Gruden....someone off radar....and I'm not basing that on anything other than a gut feeling.

I have this weird feeling that Lurie is working on someone none of us know about.....Don't know if it's a Cowher, Gruden....someone off radar....and I'm not basing that on anything other than a gut feeling.

Agreed - i've been thinking Gruden as well.

Holmgren seems to want to get back in coaching to, but Gruden seems content at the moment. He has turned down a few opportunities in college and pros.

Wish Chip Kelly success, but I don't know if he will translate to the NFL. I haven't seen him run a pro style offense and in order to run the option in the NFL you need a good running and throwing QB. The Browns have a runner in Lewis and a thrower in Weeden, but no QB that will succeed in an option offense, and they just wasted a first round pick on Grandpa Weeden. I don't know if the organiazation will want to part so quickly with him.