On-Field Camera Man For Hi School All America Game

PokerSteve

Anybody else watching the high school All America game on ESPN? They have a roving camera man on the field taking live shots during play. I've never seen this done before, and I don't know how it would work out in an NFL game, but they got a great shot of a QB sack with the defensive player almost landing right in my living room.

Anybody else watching? Would you like it if the networks try to work this into college or pro football telecasts? I think it would be pretty cool as long as they can figure out how to make sure the camera guy doesn't end up interfering with the play and/or the players.

Edited by PokerSteve

those shots are better cause they ain't all shaky. I'd prefer a good zoom on a 1080p digital camera than some shaky camera work from a dude trying to focus a shoot on the run.

I like the on-field look. Gives you a much more "in your face" kind of perspective. "Shaky" camera doesn't compute as the cameras are gyro-balanced to prevent almost all distortion.

Yea the Pros have the Skycam thingy. A camera man on the field would be risking his life. lol

C'mon, man. Seeing whether the camera man could take a hit and survive and replaying the image of the death-blow on his camera would be epic. Can nobody but me see the dramatic potential here? Has the thirst for blood been bled out of today's pro football fan? Sigh.

Edited by PokerSteve

those shots are better cause they ain't all shaky. I'd prefer a good zoom on a 1080p digital camera than some shaky camera work from a dude trying to focus a shoot on the run.

if you think thats what they have in the rover then cool. it's all upconverted and downconverted 4 times before it hits your TV set. they could be shooting with a cell phone camera and you couldn't tell the difference.