I Still Say

Turner ain't done. Dude ain't fat, ain't slow and ain't tipping. In fact, when the Oline blocks for him he is still showing some burst and flat out running over NFL clowns. Dude scored 10 TDs for us this year and now has five straight seasons with double digit TDs. He also increased his receptions for the third year in a row. He could be a difference maker in the playoffs. I know 90% of yall hate him and wanna run him off but I don't. His teammates absolutely love him. I hope we see this time and time again all the way to the Bowl.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the middle with him still. I don't think he's as bad as some people say, but I don't love him either. Lot of it has to do with the offensive line not being able to get a push on the defensive line leaving Turner with a lot of negative plays. But sometimes I watch him run and just think to myself, he's done. He's got nothing left. So I hope you're right and he has a great postseason, but I doubt it.

I think Turner is going to be important. The Falcons need to be able to pound the ball to protect Matt and the OL. I just hope Turner turns it on these next three games. This may be his last time with the Falcons so he needs to give it his all and get those three big playoff checks.

Turner is a goal line back and I would be happy if he can get those tough yard or two near the goal line. He has averaged less than 3 YPC in the playoffs and has been the biggest no show in the post season. I hope this year he will run for 50 yards for first time in the playoffs in a game.

Turner ain't done. Dude ain't fat, ain't slow and ain't tipping. In fact, when the Oline blocks for him he is still showing some burst and flat out running over NFL clowns. Dude scored 10 TDs for us this year and now has five straight seasons with double digit TDs. He also increased his receptions for the third year in a row. He could be a difference maker in the playoffs. I know 90% of yall hate him and wanna run him off but I don't. His teammates absolutely love him. I hope we see this time and time again all the way to the Bowl.

LMAO, you reaching now laugh.pnglaugh.png

Hey, back in July everyone thought Sam Baker was done.....................same exact ugly remarks about him.

Ask the entire Falcon organization................coaches and players what THEY think of Baker.

All hot air, these nay-sayers.

A lot of that is subjective such as the speed factor, I personally believe he has become slower specially with his burst into holes but that Is my opinion. The line does play a big part but I think more than anything it's a philosophy change. Less fullback and pulling guard plays which is what Turner thrives one, it's based on reading holes and bursting through them which is not his strength. Still all this is opinion based and while fun to discuss won't change anyones mind.

At the end of the day the thing that we know is a fact that the numbers prove is that he is not very effective in our system. This is not the first time this had been discussed with his style or running, a few years back it was how weak he was against the 3-4. He is a good back with a pretty niche skill set and when things don't go his way he drops off hard and becomes very ineffective Argue what we may scheme, personal, or erosion of skill the truth im sure is somewhere in middle of all but it hurts the team.

I love Turner but he no longer fits here it seems. I wish he could turn it around in the playoffs but unless we tailor our blocking schemes for him i had my doubts.

Edited by Zerosyztem

Hey, back in July everyone thought Sam Baker was done.....................same exact ugly remarks about him.

Ask the entire Falcon organization................coaches and players what THEY think of Baker.

All hot air, these nay-sayers.

Unfair statement because he was done, don't forget Baker was benched for Will Svitek, career back up. The team strongly looked for a possible replacement in the off season but Baker stepped up his play and earned his spot back. No one is complaining about him now because he is playing much better.

Unfair statement because he was done, don't forget Baker was benched for Will Svitek, career back up. The team strongly looked for a possible replacement in the off season but Baker stepped up his play and earned his spot back. No one is complaining about him now because he is playing much better.

The team didn't look for replacement, MS told him to get his act together and told him they are rolling with Baker for the season. There were multiple articles and interviews on how Baker came back this year.

Whats wrong with bumping your other "Turner aint done trust me " threads ?

The fans speculated it and media speculated it Svitek got injured and the job was Bakers to lose. The only guy I can think of that may have been brought in or rumored was McNeil out of San Diego. Edited by ya_boi_j

The team didn't look for replacement, MS told him to get his act together and told him they are rolling with Baker for the season. There were multiple articles and interviews on how Baker came back this year.

They told him they were sticking with him after sniffing around at the market and seeing that they thought Baker's potential to step up (if not they still had Svitek) was better than anything out there they could afford.

I understand what you are saying that people are fickle with players and make statements based on emotion not factual information. I was mearly stating that it was not a good example because Baker did play his way out of a job and play had been steadily declining for 3 years. Not the norm that a guy turns his career around like he did.

The fans speculated it and media speculated it Svitek got injured and the job was Bakers to lose. The only guy I can think of that may have been brought in or rumored was McNeil out of San Diego.

They were looking for a value replacement that is why McNeil came up before Svitek was hurt, in my opinion the search was there. Falcons didn't make it public but when local media discusses that much there was though into it.

The value just wasn't there like I said. Svitek was the fallback plan but once he was hurt Baker had been in camp and had played his way back in.

When you have to bench your left tackle you start looking for a back up plan. Any GM would look and weigh the options.