Jags Assistant Coaches Asked To Look For Other Jobs. Mm Next In Firing Line?

falcons007

Wow. Even though I think it was a bad hire by them they have to give him a shot. 1 year is not enough. Especially when their best player missed virtually the whole season. The cupboard is VERY VERY VERY bare there outside Mjd and maybe Cecil Shorts

Wow. Even though I think it was a bad hire by them they have to give him a shot. 1 year is not enough. Especially when their best player missed virtually the whole season. The cupboard is VERY VERY VERY bare there outside Mjd and maybe Cecil Shorts

Its crazy to fire a HC after one year but Jags had worst record in their history.

13-3 season can do it for you but continuity can't be underestimated in NFL.

Wins and Losses don't get it with the Falcons...unfortunately. Simply because the quality of wins won't sustain a playoff run. This year should be much different than the previous bye week season...however, there are some grave simularities...I'm a little concerned, but I love my Birds....so I ride out with them.

They fired their GM and most new GMs want to start fresh with a HC that agrees with their way of doing things. That's been part of the problem in NY, with finding a new GM, since they wouldn't have that authority. This is why you rarely see GMs and HCs hired seperately. They are almost always hired in pairs.

Wins and Losses don't get it with the Falcons...unfortunately. Simply because the quality of wins won't sustain a playoff run. This year should be much different than the previous bye week season...however, there are some grave simularities...I'm a little concerned, but I love my Birds....so I ride out with them.

I wanted MM gone last year but a Young QB with new coach every year or every other year is a disaster. Glad DK is staying back other wise Ryan would have had 3 OC in 3 years.

I'm with ya, cautious optimism. Everything from this season says we should succeed, but that little voice in my head that remembers the last three appearances just won't shut up. We really need to win on the 13th.

He got the job for grooming Gabbert in to a NFL QB. Jags were happy to see how he developed Matt Ryan.

After what I saw with Gabbert in 2011 when we played them on Thursday night (deer in headlights look, most inaccurate passes, terrible decision making, fumbling the ball when not contacted) I knew there was no hope for him.

After what I saw with Gabbert in 2011 when we played them on Thursday night (deer in headlights look, most inaccurate passes, terrible decision making, fumbling the ball when not contacted) I knew there was no hope for him.

MM should have known better when he told Jags about him fixing Gabbert. He might survive this year but he will most probably be fired.

Or maybe Khan told him Tebow is coming and Mularkey fought it?

I know I would fight it.

Khan is doing what Arthur did. He bought a team and he immediately wanted a QB that could put people in the seats. I know Arthur bought the team right after Vick was drafted, but it was rumored the Arthur had a lot to do withe the team trading up to get Vick. At the time we still had Chris Chandler and were only 2 years removed from the SB, so I think that Arthur did have input.

I can see Khan going for Tebow to get ticket sales going and looking to get a coach and GM that can build a team around Tebow.

I know I would fight it.

Khan is doing what Arthur did. He bought a team and he immediately wanted a QB that could put people in the seats. I know Arthur bought the team right after Vick was drafted, but it was rumored the Arthur had a lot to do withe the team trading up to get Vick. At the time we still had Chris Chandler and were only 2 years removed from the SB, so I think that Arthur did have input.

I can see Khan going for Tebow to get ticket sales going and looking to get a coach and GM that can build a team around Tebow.

Every time some one talks about Arthur Blank being buddy to the players I remember him pushing the Wheel chair when Vick was hurt.