Jaws: Final 2012 Qb Rankings

fuego

I'm on an iPad so hard to copy and paste all the info. Someone else can post more complete info if you're on a regular computer and have access to Insider.

1. Peyton Manning

Previous: 1

2. Aaron Rodgers

Previous: 3

3 . Tom Brady

Previous: 2

4. Matt Ryan

Previous: 4

Ryan had one bad game with five picks against Arizona in mid-November, but he has since calmed down and I believe he is ready to make a playoff run and put postseason shortcoming talk behind him. Here's what will be critical for the Falcons' success: Ryan is a QB who needs a comfortable pocket. The first thing his playoff opponents will try to do defensively is get pressure up the middle and pass-rushers around Ryan's feet. If I showed you all the bad throws from Ryan in 2012, the vast majority would be because he had to move and didn't get his feet set. Ryan has been very good this year, but when defenses make him move, he has a tendency to make mistakes.

5. Drew Brees

Previous: 8

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8807079/nfl-jaws-2012-qb-rankings-regular-season-peyton-manning-league-best

Edited by fuego

I'm telling you - having two weak guys like Konz/McClure next to each other manning the middle is going to come back and bite the Falcons at some point in the playoffs. I just hope it is not the first game......

i really look foward to seeing McClure gone, Konz in the middle and a stouter offensive right guard.

I'm telling you - having two weak guys like Konz/McClure next to each other manning the middle is going to come back and bite the Falcons at some point in the playoffs. I just hope it is not the first game......

i really look foward to seeing McClure gone, Konz in the middle and a stouter offensive right guard.

Dawg your stating the obvious my friend but there's nothing to be done about it now I'm still confident we will no where teams want to attack us.I still think if we play close to what we did against the Giants there's no one in the league that will stop us.

Guest Negatorris

Ryan is ranked in the right spot. If he wins the Superbowl, he'll be top 3, no question.

Also, Ryan was not drafted to play like Aaron Rodgers. He's just a traditional pocket passer. Give him a pocket like the ones Manning and Brady stand in, and he'll slice up any secondary. We've seen what he can do when he has a competent pocket. Also, he has been good on the run this season. I still don't understand how he played like he did in that 1st Carolina game.

when I watch Patriots games and see Brady literally stand in the pocket clean for 3+ seconds, I feel bad for Matt Ryan.

Brady doesnt get sacked much due to his line. Ryan doesnt get sacked much due to himself.

Not saying TD is a bad GM, but he absolutely stinks at picking oline personnel. Couple that with Smitty's propensity to stay with the same ole, same ole and voila! You get a middle of the oline that is less effective than a screen door on a submarine.

Not saying TD is a bad GM, but he absolutely stinks at picking oline personnel. Couple that with Smitty's propensity to stay with the same ole, same ole and voila! You get a middle of the oline that is less effective than a screen door on a submarine.

Having a talented Oline is rare in the NFL. How many teams can actually say that there Oline is great? Maybe 2 or 3 out of 32 teams. Not to mention once a team has a good Oline they usually are able to plug in a new guy as others leave. Nearly every team is looking for Oline help.

Edited by 4dabirds

Konz better hit the weights cause he will get his handed to him in the middle.