Has A No. 1 Seed Ever Been A Home Underdog?

We're 13-3 with a first round bye, yet the Seahawks or the Redskins are supposed to come in here and beat us at our house simply because this is the playoffs? We're almost expected to lose to the Packers or the 9ers...like we have no shot against em? The "experts" who would've given us a chance to beat these teams in the regular season, aren't even considering us now because this is the playoffs?!

People need to cut out that 0-3 BS. It's true we need to win a playoff game badly. But what people fail to note is that we lost to Superbowl teams. Every single time!

The Cards played the SB the year they beat us and they more than just held their own. They were few seconds away from a being crowned NFL champs, if it wasn't for that spectacular catch by Santonio Holmes.

What people forget is that the Packers were on a tear and steam rolled thru everyone that year, not just us. The Giants were on a similar run. They beat everyone that year, not just us. Don't act like these teams didn't beat others teams on their way to win SBs. It's just unfortuante that we ran into these teams in the first daymn round. Why do people leave out that part? Had we lost to the Cards, the Packs, or the NYGs in the NFCCG, would these same rumours still be spreading?

Who's to say that this won't happen to us again? It's beacasue our mentality is different. It partly the coordinators. And it's partly the fact that our players and staff are out to prove something to others and/or themselves, when they're not the only ones who have to. The fact is all 31 other organizations always have the same chip on thier shoulders every year.

Edited by I Even Bleed Red

The Falcons will be favored over either of those teams.

Now, Green Bay or San Francisco might be a different story.

And I think the answer to your question is probably no, but I'm not sure.

Falcons were dogs vs. Packers in '10.

It sure felt like it, but I am pretty sure the Falcons were favored by Vegas.

We're 13-3 with a first round bye, yet the Seahawks or the Redskins are supposed to come in here and beat us at our house simply because this is the playoffs? We're almost expected to lose to the Packers or the 9ers...like we have no shot against em? The "experts" who would've given us a chance to beat these teams in the regular season, aren't even considering us now because this is the playoffs?!

People need to cut out that 0-3 BS. It's true we need to win a playoff game badly. But what people fail to note is that we lost to Superbowl teams. Every single time!

The Cards played the SB the year they beat us and they more than just held their own. They were few seconds away from a being crowned NFL champs, if it wasn't for that spectacular catch by Santonio Holmes.

What people forget is that the Packers were on a tear and steam rolled thru everyone that year, not just us. The Giants were on a similar run. They beat everyone that year, not just us. Don't act like these teams didn't beat others teams on their way to win SBs. It's just unfortuante that we ran into these teams in the first daymn round. Why do people leave out that part? Had we lost to the Cards, the Packs, or the NYGs in the NFCCG, would these same rumours still be spreading?

Who's to say that this won't happen to us again? It's beacasue our mentality is different. It partly the coordinators. And it's partly the fact that our players and staff are out to prove something to others and/or themselves, when they're not the only ones who have to. The fact is all 31 other organizations always have the same chip on thier shoulders every year.

Dont forget Matt was a rookie that year also.... but that always get overlooked

with the #1 seed and home field advantage we will be favored by at least 3 points no matter who we play in the first round and all i keep hearing is how the falcons are going to win at least one playoff game this year, that debacle in against tampa has maybe helped us fly under the radar but i dont care who you are if you go 56-24 in 4 years and lose to the eventual super bowl champion 2 out of 3 years and the first year the confrence champion when your qb is a rookie, i would say your for real and i expect us to win the first playoff game, especially if nolan faces a rookie.

It was sort of a rhetorical question. But I suppose you're right. The Steelers were the first seed and a 3 point dog last time they played the Pats in the AFCCG.

I think this is correct, Ben was a rookie and the Pats came in at 14-2 and defending Super Bowl Champions.

with the #1 seed and home field advantage we will be favored by at least 3 points no matter who we play in the first round and all i keep hearing is how the falcons are going to win at least one playoff game this year, that debacle in against tampa has maybe helped us fly under the radar but i dont care who you are if you go 56-24 in 4 years and lose to the eventual super bowl champion 2 out of 3 years and the first year the confrence champion when your qb is a rookie, i would say your for real and i expect us to win the first playoff game, especially if nolan faces a rookie.

Exactly my point!

Falcons will probably be 4 point fav against Vikes, 3 Point fav against Skins and 1o r 1.5 point fav against Seahawks.

Sounds about right to me, though in our building I doubt even the Pats would be favored. (Prolly be a toss up)

Remember even after we embarrassed ourselves against the Panthers and the Giants had just laid 50 on the Saints we we're STILL favored coming into our building against them.