Pioli Fired

AEFalcon

With the working/friendship history between TD and Pioli if the Falcon's organization will try to find a spot for him or will he return back to the Pats orgainization.. I doubt it but wondering what fellow Falcon fans thought.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/scott-pioli-kansas-city-chiefs-nfl-general-manager-part-ways-0104113

Edited by AEFalcon

Mutual separation.

Could have something to do with giving pretty much all power to Reid.

Yep, that's what it was exactly- Reid demanded full control and KC said yes. Mistake, iyam. The examples of a HC also playing GM that have failed outnumber the successes for a reason- two jobs too difficult for one person. I'd much rather have a good working relationship between a GM and HC than a single person juggling both jobs.

If we lose Dave Caldwell I could see Pioli taking the position of player personnel. Apparently that position is not too far off. He'd be more like an assistant to Dimi.

I was just about to post this. He was the Scouting Director for the Patriots before Dimitroff took that position. He will likely have to take a step back from being the GM. I doubt another team will hire him to be their GM after failing with the Chiefs (possible, but doubt it).

I haven't seen any of the Patriots FO on the list of candidates for GM spots, so I think it's unlikely that he will go back to the Patriots. I would love to see him come in as the Scouting Director if Caldwell leaves.

I like the Chiefs, so I follow them a decent bit...they're going to be tough next year. With Pioli fired, Reid on board, a solid defense, lots of offensive weapons, and high picks in the draft with a shot at Gene Smith working out...sleeper pick for AFC West or at least Wild Card, anyone?

Sleeper for AFC West? No. Sleeper for Wild Card? Maybe. Denver with Peyton own that Division now. And depending on what San Diego does, they could be back in the mix as the 2nd best team in that Division.

I do not see them being better than New England, Baltimore, Cincy, Houston, Denver, or Indy though. If Cincy loses Zimmer, they could sneak in there. I think Indy will get better because they have a core to build off of now (something they lacked last year).

I think 7-9 or 8-8 is more plausible for KC in 2013.

I don't think he will have much of a choice after his latest stint.

but where has he really 'missed' other than Cassell?

I guess Dorsey,but nobody saw him underachieving. He has been a good starter, but not living to the hype by any means. Had the coin flip gone the other way, he would have likely been a Falcon...TD also loved him.

Crenell earned the job based on what he did in an interim role, so cant say i blame them for rewarding one of their own.

Pioli inherited a 2 win (8 total wins i previous years combined) team that then followed with 4 wins, then 10 wins, then 7 wins (with QB injured) then this year was indeed a bomb. But the team was trending up with his personel. Like I said, it all comes down to Cassell being the mistake for him.