Carolina's Nightmare Cap Situation - Paty

nuccah

Meh, it's not really that bad, and it clearly shows you why in the article.

They are at 136, they need to get under 120.

Cut Gamble - they have secondary issues, but they still managed to have a top 10-ish defense with gamble on IR. He's not worth the money that saves 7.9 million

That puts them down to 128.1

Cut Gross- he's old and a shell of his former self. Saves 6.7 mill

Puts them at 121.1

Roll over the 3.5 million (Redskin/Cowboy penalty)

117.9 (2.1 mill under)

Other miscellaneous cuts/restructures

Edwards//Nakamara Saves another 4 mill.

Now they are around 6 mill under. That's without even doing anything about D.will's contract. They could be around 10 mill or so under when all is said and done. Not the ideal situation, but it's do-able.

Edited by NYG4

Meh, it's not really that bad, and it clearly shows you why in the article.

They are at 136, they need to get under 120.

Cut Gamble - they have secondary issues, but they still managed to have a top 10-ish defense with gamble on IR. He's not worth the money that saves 7.9 million

That puts them down to 128.1

Cut Gross- he's old and a shell of his former self. Saves 6.7 mill

Puts them at 121.1

Roll over the 3.5 million (Redskin/Cowboy penalty)

117.9 (2.1 mill under)

Other miscellaneous cuts/restructures

Edwards//Nakamara Saves another 4 mill.

Now they are around 6 mill under. That's without even doing anything about D.will's contract. They could be around 10 mill or so under when all is said and done. Not the ideal situation, but it's do-able.

Add Beason and James Anderson one will be cut and the other will have to restructure their contracts and that's more money.

For the record I don't think they will cut Gross he might restructure his contract before he gets cut.

Add Beason and James Anderson one will be cut and the other will have to restructure their contracts and that's more money.

For the record I don't think they will cut Gross he might restructure his contract before he gets cut.

He'll probably have to re-structure to avoid the cut.

When all is said and done, you guys should have enough to make a solid move or two in free agency.

Edited by NYG4

He'll probably have to re-structure to avoid the cut.

When all is said and done, you guys should have enough to make a solid move or two in free agency.

I agree. We will make addition at Guard and DT. Then Secondary and maybe WR. I just don't know how the Breakdown between FA and Draft will work with these position. I also agree with the your Gamble comment. His fate was sealed when the team got better with the younger Cb playing.

Goodbye Gamble.

Gamble's last two full seasons, he was top 5 and top 10 in opposing qbs rating that threw to his side of the field. Someone will get a very solid DB.

I'm not that upset over him leaving though. I like him, but I didn't really notice a drop-off in the secondary when he went on IR at the start of the season. The young DBs were flying all over the field. They did a good job of controlling JJ and White (example, since Falcons have best duo of WRs the Panthers played against) in the 2nd match-up (Until the Panthers went into a prevent defense).

Restructure Beason, Gross, Dwill. Cut Gamble, AE, Nak, Ron Edwards.

Use the extra cap to sign a solid DT. CJ and Hardy are missing a dominant force in the middle, that will allow them to really flourish.

Goodbye Gamble.

Gamble's last two full seasons, he was top 5 and top 10 in opposing qbs rating that threw to his side of the field. Someone will get a very solid DB.

I'm not that upset over him leaving though. I like him, but I didn't really notice a drop-off in the secondary when he went on IR at the start of the season. The young DBs were flying all over the field. They did a good job of controlling JJ and White (example, since Falcons have best duo of WRs the Panthers played against) in the 2nd match-up (Until the Panthers went into a prevent defense).

Restructure Beason, Gross, Dwill. Cut Gamble, AE, Nak, Ron Edwards.

Use the extra cap to sign a solid DT. CJ and Hardy are missing a dominant force in the middle, that will allow them to really flourish.

lol

I remember a few months ago when Carolina would win the division if they ever had a decent secondary.

That is a fun article though. I can't even tell you how many times some brat bitched me out for suggesting Ron Edwards wouldn't cure all that ailed their defensive line or maybe we needed to wait and see what condition Jon Beason would be in when he got back on the field.

Edited by Serge

I remember a few months ago when Carolina would win the division if they ever had a decent secondary.

That is a fun article though. I can't even tell you how many times some brat bitched me out for suggesting Ron Edwards wouldn't cure all that ailed their defensive line or maybe we needed to wait and see what condition Jon Beason would be in when he got back on the field.

Secondary wasn't really the problem this year. First half of season, the problem was the offense. Offense didn't get better until Chud went back to a pro-style offense.

But how much did Edwards actually do? If he's as expendable as this article suggests it seems like the time spent singing his praises was rather unnecessary.

Was a coach on the field for the younger players helping bring them along faster. Also helped Dean Edwards get up to speed quicker. He is expendable but will have to be replaced by a high draft pick or in FA.

81983487_display_image.jpg?1299025743

"You're Welcome"

Sincerely, the cap genius

It's really not all his fault. More stories are starting to come out saying Big Cat wanted all these players signed back at any cost. And Marty just made it happen. Hopefully with the new GM hire Jerry will back off and let him do his job.

http://espn.go.com/b...e-cap-situation

Yeah, I don't think the Panthers will be much trouble next year.

It reminds me of the cap mess Richie McKay left us in when he left. It's gonna be awhile before the Panthers are contenders. Now, If the BUCS could just find a few good pass defenders and a QB with an IQ over 90 we might be able to make some noise with the extraordinary way Dominick & the Glazers have worked the Cap.

It reminds me of the cap mess Richie McKay left us in when he left. It's gonna be awhile before the Panthers are contenders. Now, If the BUCS could just find a few good pass defenders and a QB with an IQ over 90 we might be able to make some noise with the extraordinary way Dominick & the Glazers have worked the Cap.

I hear Gamble with be available...

But how much did Edwards actually do? If he's as expendable as this article suggests it seems like the time spent singing his praises was rather unnecessary.

He was easily our best defensive tackle when he played. But with our cap situation and his injury history, he's likely gone.