Spencer Adkins The Next Ray Lewis

Guest fibonacci

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

http://m.naplesnews.com/news/2013/jan/03/nfl-locals-ravens-sign-naples-high-grad-spencer-ad/

Ok in all seriousness I do wish Adkins to be a good player and good health.

He was a good player here. Wish we could have seen more from him.

wonder how FA and the draft will affect us with the ravens probably going to go after LB, while we need one as well

Guest Negatorris

We don't need to worry too much about LB yet. Dent has actually progressed, and there are much more pressing needs on defense.

The Ravens do have Ellerbe. He was a beast in college and from what I understand he has been producing very good results when in games for them. I would think they would want to maybe develop some in house talent considering they have a good one already. Lets hope if they look at lb maybe it will be in the later rounds.

We don't need to worry too much about LB yet. Dent has actually progressed, and there are much more pressing needs on defense.

Such as the DL and figuring out the secondary sorting out after this year. Long-term? LB needs a few guys but immediate starters? No. Maybe a veteran signing that can be a swing-man. Sorta like Chris Hope was, because I'm not sure how long Mike Peterson will play. Probably his last year?

I agree, Dent has made some good progress. I think we still need depth. Peterson would have been gone for good this year had Lofa not gotten hurt. I think we need another 4-3 type OLB for depth purposes. I can live with the prospects of Schiller being a special teamer and backup MLB next year.

I agree with isproab, just call up Schiller and see how he does...I think its usually BS when NFL teams bring in a FA out of nowhere during the course of a season for a position instead of calling up the practice squad person.

If you didnt think they could help your team on the practice squad, gut them.