2Nd Mock Draft Before Playoffs

Guest Negatorris

Guest Negatorris

1st

[Falcons trade down for 2nd and 4th]

2nd

Margus Hunt - DE, SMU

6-8 280lbs

A guy I've been paying attention to for a while. He's an athletic freak, but is extremely raw. Many like Ziggy Ansah, but I believe Margus Hunt's potential matches that of Ansah. He'd be learning from one of the best defensive minds in football, and the NFL active sack leader. I have no doubt he could grow into a 16.5 sack/year type guy if brought along correctly, and the Falcons have the coaches for that to happen. As well as being a pass rusher, he is a good run defender and his size also allows him to deflect many passes at the L.O.S. We haven't had anyone opposite Abe that can take advantage of the attention The Predator receivers, but this could be our guy. High motor.

NFL Comparison: JJ Watt

Mike Gillislee - RB, Florida

5-11 209lbs

Well known on this MB, he would be the perfect fit for this offense. Despite his size, he can run between the tackles, and is an excellent down hill back. What really sold me on Gillislee is learning that he once played when he was hurt to help his team win a tough game. That's the kind of player I'd love to see playing in ATL. I've also seen him level defenders in pass protection. Tough back.

NFL Comparison: CJ Spiller

3rd

[Give up our late 3rd and one of our 4th round picks for high-mid 3rd]

Cordarrelle Patterson - WR, Tennessee

6-3 200lbs

I actually believe Tony G will retire, as much as I wouldn't like to see it. With him gone, the Falcons could use another big play threat. I like HD, but Cordarrelle is a true slot receiver. He's a big guy, with big time speed. He can return punts and kicks, and be used on screens and end arounds, similar to how we use JJ. Matt Ryan doesn't throw to HD much, but I think he'd actually start looking for his #3 receiver if we drafted Cordarrelle, as I'm sure Ryan would respect his talents. I think he could become a breast under Robiskie.

NFL Comparison: Randall Cobb

4th

(Compensatory)

Gabe Jackson - G, Mississippi State

6-4 320lbs

I fully expect Garret Reynolds to return to his starting RG position in 2013, while Konz moves to C, but if Reynolds goes down again, we'll have a linemen who is actually accustomed to play G. Gabe Jackson would be a good pickup if he's even still available in the 4th. He's

Larry Black Jr - DT, Indiana State

6-2 309lbs

A guy with a nose for the football. He had a lot of tackles behind the line of scrimmage, often creating good penetration. Also can get decent pressure and collapse the pocket of the QB. If he added weight, he could even be a NT. A player who could develop into a regular rotational player.

5th

Brandon McGee - CB, Miami

6-0 190lbs

6th

Bruce Taylor - ILB, Virginia Tech

6-2 244

7th

Sam Schawrtzstein - C, Stanford

6-3 290lbs

Guest Negatorris

I say this with the utmost respect....STFU the draft ain't for another 4 months...who plucking cares!

Didn't you make a thread about leaving forever?

what is the fascination with draftin a wr, much less that early? blink.png og is more of a priority than wr.

Gonzo is retiring, and CP gives Ryan another option with elite talent. Reynolds will most likely resume his starting position next season, and Blalock is not going to lose his starting role to a rookie. Drafting an OG early will only lead to a bench warmer.

I like the positions in the draft, I guess this assuming we get a TE in the FA.

Yeah, I think the Falcons will go after Cook if Gonzo does indeed retire.

Didn't you make a thread about leaving forever?

Gonzo is retiring, and CP gives Ryan another option with elite talent. Reynolds will most likely resume his starting position next season, and Blalock is not going to lose his starting role to a rookie. Drafting an OG early will only lead to a bench warmer.

Yeah, I think the Falcons will go after Cook if Gonzo does indeed retire.

thats assuming he returns to this seasons form and not the others. a 7 game sample is not much to assure he is going to regain anything. and ryan already will have 4 other options to worry about roddy, jj, hd and quizz. so any wr that is drafted is likely to see the bench anyways unless they are also a returner.

I love the Patterson pick, but that's the only one. That 6'8 DE would be great if he played with the functional strength that Watt does, but he gets tossed around and looks pretty lanky. He'd probably need to put on another 20-30 pounds of raw muscle before being at NFL playing strength, and at that point he'd be a DT or a 3-4 DE, just like Watt. I do like his first step, which is tough to come by lately, but he just gets ridden past the QB and looks very raw with basically no real pass rush moves to avoid being over looped.

I love the Patterson pick, but that's the only one. That 6'8 DE would be great if he played with the functional strength that Watt does, but he gets tossed around and looks pretty lanky. He'd probably need to put on another 20-30 pounds of raw muscle before being at NFL playing strength, and at that point he'd be a DT or a 3-4 DE, just like Watt. I do like his first step, which is tough to come by lately, but he just gets ridden past the QB and looks very raw with basically no real pass rush moves to avoid being over looped.

tossed around? i have seen him blow thru triple teams and still get pressure on the qb.

tossed around? i have seen him blow thru triple teams and still get pressure on the qb.

He's good at shooting gaps but he can't hold his ground on straight up blocks. That'd translate into goal line and obvious running down issues, and if he's going to be brought in as a pass rusher, it would need to be an interior pass rusher because like I said, he gets over looped by decent Ts.