Does This Stat Give You Comfort Or Make You More Nervous?

Peyton

or maybe neither.

At some point you are going to hear the media talk about this next week, I guarantee it, but I don't think too many of them have figured it out.

No QB in the Super Bowl era has ever lost his first 4 playoff game starts. Get ready to hear that stat a lot next week.

Only 3 QBs have lost 4 straight playoff starts in the Super Bowl era - Dave Krieg, who actually lost 5, Warren Moon, and Billy Kilmer. But none of those streaks were the first 4 playoff games for any of those QBs.

So.....does this stat make you feel confident that the 4th time is the charm like it has been for every other QB? Or does it make you nervous that Matt might be the first to bare this dubious distinction?

Me personally? I'm on the record......the Falcons are going to blow somebodys' doors off next week and Matt is going to get his first playoff win.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am cautiously optimistic about the later. Its time get the monkey off the back before its a 800 pound gorilla. Peyton Manning lost his third play off game 41-0 and came back to blow DEN next year 41-10.

I hope the whole falcons team shows up and wins the game on 1/13.

I think the Falcons are going to let out 5 years of frustration in the next few weeks. It's going to be a beautiful thing to see.

Win or lose I just hope we don't see another performance like the Bucs game or the Carolina game. If the team plays hard and plays well, I will have a much easier time accepting the results, no matter what they may be. As far as Ryan's play, I expect him to play lights out and have a QBR of 100+ and two or three TD's.

I think we can all agree we feel something special brewing. Idk if I am just nervous or what, but I feel like we will do some great things this year. I am so proud of our team, but we cannot lose this game next week. Absolutely cannot. I just don't think we will.

It's hard to lose 4. That's the primary reason why we won't go one and done. But then again, last year I thought it was hard to lose 3 and we played our worst game.

Why do you say we?

Win or lose I just hope we don't see another performance like the Bucs game or the Carolina game. If the team plays hard and plays well, I will have a much easier time accepting the results, no matter what they may be. As far as Ryan's play, I expect him to play lights out and have a QBR of 100+ and two or three TD's.

I don't think we will see that. We played those games with little to no inspiration. When we actually play focused and go full effort all 4 quarters, we are very hard to best. I'm with you on the Ryan prediction. I really hope he kills it this playoff game. I think he will too.

I think we can all agree we feel something special brewing. Idk if I am just nervous or what, but I feel like we will do some great things this year. I am so proud of our team, but we cannot lose this game next week. Absolutely cannot. I just don't think we will.

Why do you say we?

I guess the same reason you do.

I think the Falcons are going to let out 5 years of frustration in the next few weeks. It's going to be a beautiful thing to see.

That assumes that there is 5 years worth of pent up frustration. I can see White, Gonzalez, Turner, Blank, Samuel, and Smith feeling that way. Can't say with certainty about everyone else.

Edited by Mr. Right

Why would you even think we would play unmotivated like the Yucs or Panties game. Why bring them up like we're playoff games? Why not bring up the Giants game? Just curious is all.

I really don't get too nervous. If Ryan goes 0-12 in the playoffs I'll still be around here in 2015 rootin for the Birds and givin yall boys hail. Trust me.

Only thing Im nervous about is a possible major storm causing the power to go out during opening kickoff. Man that would really suck.