If Your Team Only Led 23% Of The Time In 2012...

Rave

I guess since it was that bad it was a miracle the cowboys won 8 games.

In some cases...see, I dont see how you can accept back to back 8-8 seasons, where in the last one we led an average of ONE QUARTER a game.

How can you say that 16-16 is good?

Im supposed to be happy that I predicted our record correctly this year. Why should I be happy that I KNOW that our team is mediocre?

Im sure you are one of these "if we just add this person or that person well be contenders". Im telling you right now, if that is you, you are a lost cause.

Who is saying its good?

My issue is that folks are acting like 8-8 was just the worst season in the league and the cowboys are getting ready to select first overall.

IMO fans like you are the type of fan that have Dallas chasing its tail year after year, quick fix after quick fix.

Look a the language you use on a teams message board that's never win anything.

It's not short of an undeserved sense of entitlement.

It's fans that scream from on high for the newest shiniest object that's given Jerry the idea if he gives it to you you'll keep coming. And he's done it successfully without really ever building a complete team.

I'm not happy with 8-8, but at the same time I think issues are getting fixed. This team just has so many it seems like they can't catch up while winning Super Bowls to satisfy the likes of you.

I hop I'm not the minority, but at the same time I feel like Cowboy fans have turned into this tea party type fringe movement.

We need a real GM, a QB of the future, and maybe a few stars that ARENT injury prone.

That would make me happy.

Oh, and NOT choking in big games....that would make me even more happy.

Didn't you guys end up 8-8 or something and nearly went to the playoffs? Yeah well we led like 80% (this isn't accurate, ****, the percentage might actually be higher) of the time, yet finished 7-9, and were pretty much out of playoff contention halfway into the season.

Sorry, I don't have much sympathy for any team in the league right now after our season. sad.png

Edited by PantherBlack

Didn't you guys end up 8-8 or something and nearly went to the playoffs? Yeah well we led like 80% (this isn't accurate, ****, the percentage might actually be higher) of the time, yet finished 7-9, and were pretty much out of playoff contention halfway into the season.

Sorry, I don't have much sympathy for any team in the league right now after our season. sad.png

Well, I know our weaknesses, were not the Chiefs, but were not the Broncos either.

Edited by Enlightend32

I agree people who think Dallas does have talent is blind. They have some major names on that team and went all out to fix thier secondary last season. Got the 2nd best CB (Grimes we tagged and he was #1) and went and got the best corner in the draft.

The Panther fan hit the nail on the head here. Its a glass half full or half empty. You can say you are half good or you half suck.

The playoff system is broke to even allow lower record teams in while there is better teams with better record that dont get in. A 500 team doesn't even deserve to be in it no matter if its the falcons. The playoffs represent the best of the NFL, and 500 isnt that. 500 and getting in means the rest of that devision sucked worse and your team got lucky.

All season long we hear about Cowboys chances, when the panthers all season long basically had none and werent even talked about. But very close in final records.

Thats not me bashing panthers or the cowboys, its just true. Whats good for the goos is good for the gander. Neither team with that kinda record deserved to even be at the dance. If they got in, more power to them. But it would have only added to my thoughts of the playoff system being screwed.

Now with that being said. 1 game. 1 game is what make sthe cowboys decided if they are doing things right or if they are screwed up. WRONG! If they where doing things right 1 game wouldnt matter like the last game didnt to the falcons. Thats doing things right. Your in that do or die spot because you did things wrong.

Now go back all season and look at things that hurt the cowboys. Penalties time after time, Turn overs time after time, off field distraction, lack of developing depth, bad as crap clock management, bad situational football (give the ball back to the saints before halftime...smdh).

Give Sean Payton that team for 1 year and they are a 11 or 12 win team. No less than winning the East convincingly. Making a run for a first round bye.

Garret is a crappy HC. He is a good OC. get a real HC who knows what they are doing in situational games that can tell garret what the stats are for winning those games vs plays the will lose the game.

The OLINE coach needs to be that and nothing else.

Who is charge of cleaning up penalties, designing plays to stop turn overs, fundamentals like ball control or clock management.

Its not the injuries that killed the cowboys. They didnt have all those injuries at the start of the season and balls got dropped, turn overs happened, shot them self in the foot with penalties. The coaching staff sucks.

They are who we thought they where. A 500 team because the coaches are a 500 team coach. How many rookies have to make the playoffs to prove the coach with a establish QB isnt doing his job?

I agree people who think Dallas does have talent is blind. They have some major names on that team and went all out to fix thier secondary last season. Got the 2nd best CB (Grimes we tagged and he was #1) and went and got the best corner in the draft.

The Panther fan hit the nail on the head here. Its a glass half full or half empty. You can say you are half good or you half suck.

The playoff system is broke to even allow lower record teams in while there is better teams with better record that dont get in. A 500 team doesn't even deserve to be in it no matter if its the falcons. The playoffs represent the best of the NFL, and 500 isnt that. 500 and getting in means the rest of that devision sucked worse and your team got lucky.

All season long we hear about Cowboys chances, when the panthers all season long basically had none and werent even talked about. But very close in final records.

Thats not me bashing panthers or the cowboys, its just true. Whats good for the goos is good for the gander. Neither team with that kinda record deserved to even be at the dance. If they got in, more power to them. But it would have only added to my thoughts of the playoff system being screwed.

Now with that being said. 1 game. 1 game is what make sthe cowboys decided if they are doing things right or if they are screwed up. WRONG! If they where doing things right 1 game wouldnt matter like the last game didnt to the falcons. Thats doing things right. Your in that do or die spot because you did things wrong.

Now go back all season and look at things that hurt the cowboys. Penalties time after time, Turn overs time after time, off field distraction, lack of developing depth, bad as crap clock management, bad situational football (give the ball back to the saints before halftime...smdh).

Give Sean Payton that team for 1 year and they are a 11 or 12 win team. No less than winning the East convincingly. Making a run for a first round bye.

Garret is a crappy HC. He is a good OC. get a real HC who knows what they are doing in situational games that can tell garret what the stats are for winning those games vs plays the will lose the game.

The OLINE coach needs to be that and nothing else.

Who is charge of cleaning up penalties, designing plays to stop turn overs, fundamentals like ball control or clock management.

Its not the injuries that killed the cowboys. They didnt have all those injuries at the start of the season and balls got dropped, turn overs happened, shot them self in the foot with penalties. The coaching staff sucks.

They are who we thought they where. A 500 team because the coaches are a 500 team coach. How many rookies have to make the playoffs to prove the coach with a establish QB isnt doing his job?

The Cardinals played in a Super Bowl after making the playoffs at 8-8.

I guess, once again, your logic fails you. If the Cardinals sucked and didn't belong, then how did they make it all the way to the Super Bowl?

How did a 7-9 Seattle team beat a 13-3 Saints team on the road? Since these teams don't belong and are just "lucky" then explain why they win games...

Something the Falcons haven't done in their last 3 playoff appearances.

Edited by Enlightend32

The Cardinals played in a Super Bowl after making the playoffs at 8-8.

I guess, once again, your logic fails you. If the Cardinals sucked and didn't belong, then how did they make it all the way to the Super Bowl?

How did a 7-9 Seattle team beat a 13-3 Saints team on the road? Since these teams don't belong and are just "lucky" then explain why they win games...

Something the Falcons haven't done in their last 3 playoff appearances.

Im saying the system is flawed. If you think a team that wins half its games or less deserves to be there. Then cool. I think its dumb when other teams have better records. The best teams should be in and the worst should be out. Not decided on the fact a entire devision sucks so bad no team can win more than half their games and still get a home game.

Im not saying a team cant improve once getting to the playoffs. Crap they loss half their games but they did win half too. Im saying teams with better records should be there and teams with the best record should play at home. That should be the reward for winning.

If you think its right a 13-3 team should play a 7-9 team at the 7-9 teams house is fair then cool. If you think its fair a 7-9 team got in while teams with 10 wins didnt. Then cool. I think its stupid. The best by nature is the teams that win. Not the teams that win half the time.

Im saying the system is flawed. If you think a team that wins half its games or less deserves to be there. Then cool. I think its dumb when other teams have better records. The best teams should be in and the worst should be out. Not decided on the fact a entire devision sucks so bad no team can win more than half their games and still get a home game.

Im not saying a team cant improve once getting to the playoffs. Crap they loss half their games but they did win half too. Im saying teams with better records should be there and teams with the best record should play at home. That should be the reward for winning.

If you think its right a 13-3 team should play a 7-9 team at the 7-9 teams house is fair then cool. If you think its fair a 7-9 team got in while teams with 10 wins didnt. Then cool. I think its stupid. The best by nature is the teams that win. Not the teams that win half the time.

Seattle played NO at NO and won. Arizona got to the Super Bowl and played step for step with Pittsburgh.

Just admit it, you're wrong. Division champs should get in. Why should the teams that had it easy in their division be awarded over those in closer divisions?

Seattle played NO at NO and won. Arizona got to the Super Bowl and played step for step with Pittsburgh.

Just admit it, you're wrong. Division champs should get in. Why should the teams that had it easy in their division be awarded over those in closer divisions?

So its bad for a winning team to have it easy in their devision. But its fine for a losing team to have a easy devision?

Winning is winning. If a team can go 500 and win the devision. That says the devision sucks. Regardless. That means every other team in that devision was either at best 500 or worse. Yet your gonna say a team with 13-3 wins doesnt deserve the shot because of that team? If that team makes it they have to go on the road to that other team who barely won half their games?

This is a right or wrong deal. Its my opinion and your is yours. I think its bs. The playoffs shuld be only for the highest winning teams. The best of the best. Thats why i dont want extended playoffs. All that does is open the gates for more average teams getting in.

Its **** hard to go 13-3 or better. But year a 8-8 team can walk right in and get a home game? 8-8 is not hard. You have 6 devision games and 3 of those are at home. Seattle is outside and its a loud stadium to play in. Yet NO had to go there. Its like "hey thanks for having a great year, now go on the road to this devision that sucked at play there".

How many teams can win 15 or 16 times or so in 1 season including playoffs? The odds are low. But how many teams can go 500? That alone should tell you the task of making the playoffs at 500 is weak. Its not like that team accomplished anything that says "hey we deserve to be here".

Edited by danight

I think its funny that if an entire division is 8-8 they suck. They aren't evenly matched, nope, they just suck.

If that's the case, then the NFC North is the best division in the NFL. Had the refs called the Fail Mary correctly then they would have had 3 teams in the playoff.

I'm sure yous find something to ***** about there too.

I think its funny that if an entire division is 8-8 they suck. They aren't evenly matched, nope, they just suck.

If that's the case, then the NFC North is the best division in the NFL. Had the refs called the Fail Mary correctly then they would have had 3 teams in the playoff.

I'm sure your find something to ***** about there too.

Edited by Enlightend32

I'm sure yous find something to ***** about there too.

10 out of the 16 games are out of division, so ya, if an entire division is 8-8 or worse, they such.