Results Are In...no One Picking Atlanta

Mr. Right

Playing some playoff fantasy football and the word is no one is picking Atlanta players. I myself have considered picking Gonzalez, Bryant, and White but that's about it. I did learn my lesson last year. Picked Atlanta players thinking third time's the charm but got burned, like always. I finished last in the league with a majority of Falcons on my team. This year, people like the Seahawks, Packers, Broncos, and Patriots. I tend to agree.

Rules:

-Normal fantasy football scoring.

-QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, D, K, No Bench

-If a player is eliminated, then he's eliminated.

Some thoughts. You could try to diversify your players amongst different teams so that at least one guy makes it to the Superbowl or you can load up on the team you think will win it all. Who do you pick? Here's my tentative roster:

QB: Manning

RB: Lynch

RB: Ridley

WR: Decker

WR: Jennings

TE: Gronkowski

D: Broncos

K: Gostkowski

Thoughts?

I will post league results when available.

Edited by Mr. Right

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

Thanks for sharing the fact that you don't have hope in the falcons. At the title I thought it must've been analyst picks. But then I read the op and found out I don't care even less than I thought I would.

Edited by Dirty Bird Nation

Thanks for sharing the fact that you don't have hope in the falcons. At the title I thought it must've been analyst picks. But then I read the op and found out I don't care.

It's not about hope but about who may outperform who. I don't think Ryan will out perform one of Manning, Brady, or Rodgers. Same goes with Turner.

Edited by Mr. Right

It's not about hope but about who may outperform who. I don't think Ryan will out perform one of Manning, Brady, or Rodgers. Same goes with Turner.

Umm, are you sure you know how it works. You get double the points if you stick with the same players throughout. Therefore if you have Ryan from the start and he makes the Super Bowl you'll get more points than those who picked him starting in the super bowl.

I won couple of leagues this year with Ryan as QB (Picked him up after 7th round in both the leagues). I would pick Brady and stay away from DEN, DEN hasn't played a tough opponent in over 12 weeks. DEN had toughest 5 games stretch to start the season. They will be tested in the playoffs though. Ridley is a great pick.

Edited by falcons007

Umm, are you sure you know how it works. You get double the points if you stick with the same players throughout. Therefore if you have Ryan from the start and he makes the Super Bowl you'll get more points than those who picked him starting in the super bowl.

Hmm, maybe my league follows a different set of rules.

I won couple of leagues this year with Ryan as QB (Picked him up after 7th round in both the leagues). I would pick Brady and stay away from DEN, DEN hasn't played a tough opponent in over 12 weeks. DEN had toughest 5 games stretch to start the season. They will be tested in the playoffs though.

Thanks for the tip good call. I think I might replace Denver D. I like Atlanta's matchups because we can avoid Rodgers for awhile. But if Abraham is a no go, then Atlanta has no defense. I actually expect Atlanta D to turn it up for playoffs but maybe it's the homer in me.

Edited by Mr. Right

Hmm, maybe my league follows a different set of rules.

Thanks for the tip good call. I think I might replace Denver D.

That's how nfl.com leagues work, I think. Or at least how they did a 2 or 3 years ago. I remember I did post season fantasy only 1 year and didn't like it.

Start Jones at WR. He is best one in playoffs

Yes but who's throwing him the ball? And he's behind White and Gonzalez. Plus Jones is up and down. I was thinking maybe Gonzalez because it's his last year in the league. Plus Gronkowski is injury risk. Hmm but I like tough nosed Gronkowski and if it snows alot, he'll get the ball alot.

Edited by Mr. Right

Playing some playoff fantasy football and the word is no one is picking Atlanta players. I myself have considered picking Gonzalez, Bryant, and White but that's about it. I did learn my lesson last year. Picked Atlanta players thinking third time's the charm but got burned, like always. I finished last in the league with a majority of Falcons on my team. This year, people like the Seahawks, Packers, Broncos, and Patriots. I tend to agree.

Rules:

Some thoughts. You could try to diversify your players amongst different teams so that at least one guy makes it to the Superbowl or you can load up on the team you think will win it all. Who do you pick? Here's my tentative roster:

Thoughts?

Colonel Angus likes Roddy....

Rules:

Thoughts?

My thoughts are I guarandamteeyou that's not how it will play out.

The people in your league are foolish. Ryan is at home in the Dome every game in the playoffs. We have the best WR's and TE in the playoffs. Other teams like GB, NE, and Den have all outdoor games, even if they travel. And above all else, we are winning the Superbowl.

Now that I think about it more, maybe Bryant and Gonzalez will be on my roster. Thing is, I think Falcons will play Seahawks and that will be a tough matchup for Gonzo. But if anyone can beat the Seahawks, that's the Redskins. And if that happens, Gonzo will go ham. Same if off chance we play Vikings. And let's say we make it to the next round against Packers or 49ers. Gonzo could go ham too.

Edited by Mr. Right