I Want A Denver-Atlanta Super Bowl For More Than The Obvious Reasons

Miller2Rison

i am also tired of these wild card teams coming in hot and whatever wild card team is the hottest comes into the playoffs now is the super bowl favorite.

i want to see the best team in the nfc playing against the bes team in the afc, im ready for hfa and #1 seed to mean something again. i want this wild card bs put to rest now.

that being said lets get some redemption from 1998 and pick manning off 6 times this time.

Careful, I've been hearing lately that believing we'll reach the Superbowl makes you a "homer".

I really hate to burst those people's bubble but if you're a FAN of a team you're also a HOMER, the defintions are very similar.

Homer:

Someone who shows blind loyalty to a team or organization, typically ignoring any shortcomings or faults they have.

Fan:

A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.

They can claim there's a difference but calling someone of a "Falcons Homer" is as insulting as calling someone a "Falcons Fan". It's all very stupid.

I really hate to burst those people's bubble but if you're a FAN of a team you're also a HOMER, the defintions are very similar.

Homer:

Someone who shows blind loyalty to a team or organization, typically ignoring any shortcomings or faults they have.

Fan:

A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.

They can claim there's a difference but calling someone of a "Falcons Homer" is as insulting as calling someone a "Falcons Fan". It's all very stupid.

there is a difference in pulling for a team and being blind to its flaws.

" This one is for Matt....the haters can suck it"

Actually, if we win a Superbowl, I fully expect Matt to hand the Lombardi to Tony and say, "this one's for Tony" or something to that effect. With everything Matt's learned from him, I promise you there will be some big display of gratitude from Matt to Tony if we win.