I've Got A Feeling About The Playoff Game

For some reason I think we're gonna come out on the 13th absolutely POUNDING the ball with Turner. And doing it successfully. Even though he's obviously lost speed, he's still shown some flashes of his old self when he can get through the LOS into the second level. All it takes is the blocking to open that initial hole. Plus Turner is FAR more rested than he's ever been at this point in the season. He only had 6 carries last Sunday, with two weeks off. He's faced criticism that he's over the hill all year long. It's playoff time. I'm expecting him and the OLine to come out with some serious attitude and break some people's jaws.

Guest Negatorris

If Turner has one 100 yard rushing game in the postseason i'll take back every bad thing i've said about him this year. But considering he's never rushed for 100 in any of his playoff appearances I wouldn't bank on it.

I am not a big Turner fan the last couple of years but I have witnessed

a couple of almost Marshawn Lynch type runs in the last 3 games.

He actually looked really pizzed and was throwing people around,

it would really help our effort if he could somehow take the rock and

run every down like that. I mean if you can do it once....

We don't even have to be overly successful, but so long as we committ to running the ball early in the playoffs, we will be tough to beat cause it really opens up our passing game. Against NY and Detroit we ran early and took control of both games by the third quarter. Ryan had a qb rating of 146.2 in both games coincidentally.

Guest Negatorris

I am not a big Turner fan the last couple of years but I have witnessed

a couple of almost Marshawn Lynch type runs in the last 3 games.

He actually looked really pizzed and was throwing people around,

it would really help our effort if he could somehow take the rock and

run every down like that. I mean if you can do it once....

Marshawn Lynch type runs?

You yanking my chain?

For some reason I think we're gonna come out on the 13th absolutely POUNDING the ball with Turner. And doing it successfully. Even though he's obviously lost speed, he's still shown some flashes of his old self when he can get through the LOS into the second level. All it takes is the blocking to open that initial hole. Plus Turner is FAR more rested than he's ever been at this point in the season. He only had 6 carries last Sunday, with two weeks off. He's faced criticism that he's over the hill all year long. It's playoff time. I'm expecting him and the OLine to come out with some serious attitude and break some people's jaws.

Honestly, I can see this happening too. I havent been the biggest Turner supporter, I think he needs to go after this year 100% but we've used him very sparingly this year and I think this is the freshest he's been in probably 5 years. I think we used Quizz a lot more in the second half of the season to get Turner as fresh as possible in an effort to wear D's down come playoff time. The key is the O-Line, cause without them Turner is non-existent, but if he can get second level a handful of times he can take a lot of gas out of an opposing teams D. GO FALCONS

Guest Negatorris

I thought the point of his reduced workload was so he would be fresher for the post season?

Nah, that was just a nice way to say he's practically ineffective now.

If Turner has one 100 yard rushing game in the postseason i'll take back every bad thing i've said about him this year. But considering he's never rushed for 100 in any of his playoff appearances I wouldn't bank on it.

That's because most of the focus was on stopping him in the playoffs during those years....with the maturation of Ryan and the passing game this year, if we see even a peek of the Turner of old, we may be unstoppable.

not by racking up abunch of yards but breaking off decent runs and touchdown runs when needed esp after interceptions, denver game, saints game, lions game

not by racking up abunch of yards but breaking off decent runs and touchdown runs when needed esp after interceptions, denver game, saints game, lions game

Sorry but he has not shown up for the playoffs but then again neither has the rest of the team hopefully that all changes this year.