Why This Year It Will Be Different

Finally

For one thing the script has been re-written. Instead of shrinking in big games we have shrunk in games where we didn't seem to respect our opponents. Winning in the regular season has gotten so much like clockwork I think it worked against us some this year.

Our defense has had its best games against big opponents.

The NYG game was a statement about how we felt about last year.

The media has dogged us all year long about our playoff failures. This team will love to shut them up.

The team is better prepared under our new coordinators. We have been mission oriented more than win oriented.

Health is my only concern.

I do believe we are playing in the NFCCG this year and I hope we have enough defense to get over the hump and win it all.

the only problem is we still have the same head coach ..... better players better coordinators same head coach ....will that hold us back again ????

I think there comes a point in a championship-caliber football team's maturation that if they can't do it BECAUSE of the head coach, they have to be able to do it IN SPITE of the head coach. Hopefully the Falcon players can get the job done regardless of whether Smith has been a positive or a negative in terms of his contribution in past play-off games. We know for a fact the team will be much better prepared and will go into the game with a much better overall game plan with our new coordinators. So I doubt he will be that much of a factor either way once the game starts. I sure hope we don't see another 4th-and-1 run up the gut with Turner on our 29 yard line again because Smith is afraid of the other offense.

Regardless of who we play in the divisional round we should win because we are the better team and have homefield advantage.

I don't know if we're better than SF or GB. I like our chances playing in the Dome though.

Mike Smith isn't perfect but he's the best HC the Atlanta Falcons have ever had.

the only difference I see this year really has nothing to do with players or coordinators. so far we'll lost 3 play-off games & almost every thing that could go wrong went wrong. I just feel like this is the year for the other shoe to drop. no biting on run on 3rd & 16, no fumbles in the back field for TDs. no pick sixes for TDs that swings momentum. no scared game planning. this is the year that along with the talent we have on our team we're also gonna start getting some of the breaks that went against us in the past.

Regardless of who we play in the divisional round we should win because we are the better team and have homefield advantage.

I don't know if we're better than SF or GB. I like our chances playing in the Dome though.

Mike Smith isn't perfect but he's the best HC the Atlanta Falcons have ever had.

hit-the-nail-on-the-head.jpg

Different?, regular season champs, post season chumps, and most wonder why we don't get the respect due to us? Why, what's different? Till we we overcome the post season blues, we will never be respected like most of y'all would like, and y'al just don't get it, obvious the media does.

Go be a broken record in some other thread. If you don't get it no one can explain it to you.

Go be a broken record in some other thread. If you don't get it no one can explain it to you.

You don't won't to hear that broken record, then ignore me. Maybe the wisest person(yourself) could break it down for me. Maybe I'm not as smart as you and most, but I can only rely on the past tendencies of this team to accurately predict the future. What really perturbs me is ppl like you who can accurately predict the future without regards to folks who maybe who are just tired of the disappointment and have seen this freaking seen this movie before, spain that to me

You don't won't to hear that broken record, then ignore me. Maybe the wisest person(yourself) could break it down for me. Maybe I'm not as smart as you and most, but I can only rely on the past tendencies of this team to accurately predict the future. What really perturbs me is ppl like you who can accurately predict the future without regards to folks who maybe who are just tired of the disappointment and have seen this freaking seen this movie before, spain that to me

The team replaced both coordinators and this is a new year in which we played our very best against the NFL's best...this is due cause for some optimism.

The team replaced both coordinators and this is a new year in which we played our very best against the NFL's best...this is due cause for some optimism.

Not trying to be a pessimist and agree the upgrade in coordinator(Nolan) gives me hope, but I just can't shake the feeling I have with regards to the Falcons Playoff performance, hopefully this trendsstops real soon

Edited by vabchbirdlover