Lets Talk Julio Jones

RYNE

Getting tired of a the same garbage on here so I thought I would bring this up, what are your guys thoughts on Julio Jones? I mean what can you say about this guy? he has been great. In his 2nd year he ends up in the Pro Bowl, and is quickly becoming a favorite not only in Atlanta but all around the league. I don't think that there is really any question that the trade we made to get him was well worth it.

So here is my question....

How much better do you think he can get? Personally I do not think we have seen much of what he is gonna do in this league. He has made some really nice plays but I wouldn't consider many but the catch against Indianapolis really spectacular. He has just made normal plays by out running the defender. I always think back to like training camp when we would hear everyday how Julio was making insane catches, and like I can't remember who said it this year was saying that Julio was the most impressive player he had seen in the entire league.

Now by no means am I complaining about Julio's play, because I think he has been awesome... especially playing with blanket coverage most of the year, but there are still times when Ryan throws jump balls that I am expecting him to come down with them and he hasn't been able to yet. When he puts it all together it is gonna be something to watch. It is hard to imagine him being a lot better than he is right now, but to me I see plenty of room for improvement and I think he will get a lot better.

Does anyone else feel like Julio will get even a lot better than he is now? or how do you guys view his play?

Guest Negatorris

He needs to work on his hands, and learn how to get open when the play breaks down just like Roddy and Gonzo so often do.

He's going to be special though. HOF talent.

JJ is still learning but he has shown great improvement as season progressed. He had problem tip toeing inbounds on the sidelines in the panther game from 1 yard inside from the side line. I have never seen him do that again, JJ has been pretty good for a down field or explosive receiver in NFL.

Edited by falcons007

Plays a lot like T.0. Minus the garbage. Great hands but still drops balls. Big physical WR with great speed. What I would like to see is him stop whincing after every catch because its scares me as a fan

Yes!!!!! I about have a heart attack every time

For the next season or 2, Roddy will still be the #1 receiver, but as Julio improves his hands and connection with Matt Ryan he will eventually become the #1 receiver (so long as he keeps getting better). Either way, we will have the best receiving duo in the league (trio if we find a good replacement for Tony).

I keep hearing drop balls but

Best hands in the NFC South?

January, 2, 2013

Jan 2

1:15

PM ET

By Pat Yasinskas | ESPN.com

Although Tampa Bay’s Vincent Jackson went deep into the season before dropping his first pass, Atlanta’s Harry Douglas had the NFC South’s best hands in 2012. At least if you go by the numbers.

Douglas finished with a division-high 97.4 catch percentage (receptions divided by receptions plus drops), according to ESPN Stats & Information. Douglas made 38 catches and had only one drop. Douglas was targeted 56 times.

Jackson and Atlanta’s Roddy White were targeted far more often than Douglas and they finished just behind him in catch percentage. White, who was targeted 138 time, finished with a 96.8 catch percentage and Jackson (141 targets) finished at 96 percent.

Here’s a look at the catch percentage for the division’s other receivers:

Brandon LaFell, Panthers, 95.7

Mike Williams, Buccaneers, 94.0

Lance Moore, Saints, 92.9

Steve Smith, Panthers, 92.4

Julio Jones, Falcons, 90.8

Marques Colston, Saints, 90.2

Guest Negatorris

I keep hearing drop balls but

He's been better than his rookie year, but he's tied for 10th in the league in drops this year.

There are lot of plays JJ makes a major impact with out being on the stats sheet. Just look at the 59 yard catch against panthers by RW. Roddy could get behind the safety because the Safety had to defend JJ too. Here is the link and most folks remember Ryan and RW on that play but GR and JJ played a big part on that play though they will never show up on stat sheet.

http://videos.usafootball.com/video/Week-4-Falcons-vs-Panthers;NFL-Films-Big-Play-Breakdown

In his second year and his hands have improved. Heck roddy was at the top of the league in drops last year and he's our best ever as of now so the drops aren't a concern as long as they aren't easy ones in the end zone. If you ever go to the dome, you will KNOW that he is the most popular player on offense. He gotten the loudest pop every game I've attended. I'm glad they made the trade because we would have had to gamble on a pick in order to find a GREAT #2 wr seeing that we stay in the bottom half of each round outside of trades.

Julio is an Elite talent. Bar none. The scary thing is he is only in his 2nd year and will only get better.As the previous poster stated, 2000+Yards and 18+ TD's in the first two years is insane.That's HOF pace right there. We Falcons fans are so spoiled to have Roddy and him. Most teams would give their right Kidney for even one. I love it!