Who Believes Min Can Upset Gb?

Guest Negatorris

Guest Negatorris

When I think about it GB's offense isn't built to play in cold weather outside. A GB fan pointed out to me that he was nervous about the game because Aaron Rodgers had never won a playoff game in Lambeau. GB doesn't really have a run game, and they struggled in 2011 against the Giants at home. On the year of their SB run, the GB offense struggled a bit when they played at Soldier Field. We all remember what happened when they came here to play in our cozy dome. Their offense played well in Philly, but that was when James Starks came from nowhere, and they were talking about him all week after that game.

The Packers can't really run the ball, and even if they could MIN has a pretty good run D. As opposed to GB, MIN can pound the rock all day long. This is the type of game AP can take over and control. MIN was playing well against GB in their first meeting before Ponder started throwing picks once they got into the redzone. All Ponder needs to do is manage the game, and I think AP can lead the Vikings to an upset. At the least, this game won't be a blowout like some think.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd put the odds in favor of GB about 65-35 on this one....AP will get his but I don't see the Packers dropping 2 to the Vikings in a week's time...also don't see the Packers doing a one and done 2 years in a row....

I'd love for it to happen though.....big AP and Jared Allen fan.....kinda like Frazier too.

That GB O-line is one of the few in the NFC who I trust less than our own in pass protection. If Rodgers wasn't so mobile he'd be in a body cast by now.

The Vikings aren't scared of the Packers. If this is a one score type game then GB is in trouble. I think it comes down to Ponder more than anyone else. If he plays well then the Vikings will likely win. If he doesn't the Packers will win by 14+ points. I'm going with the latter.

Edited by TNB

The Vikings aren't scared of the Packers. If this is a one possession type game then GB is in trouble. I think it comes down to Ponder more than anyone else. If he plays well then the Vikings will likely win. If he doesn't the Packers will win by 14+ points. I'm going with the latter.

Pretty much agree....lately a lot of us NFL fans have gotten used to these young QBs coming out and straight out ballin' from the jump....

I don't know if Ponder is ever going to get over that hump.....Locker, Gabbert, Henne....

Guest Negatorris

It's 19F in Green Bay the same as it is in Minnesota. There's no snow in the forecast to muddle the pass or run game. Minnesota just beat Green Bay less than a week ago.

MIN plays in a dome. Temperature doesn't matter there.

I don't see how any team is going to play at an optimal level when they're playing on The Frozen Tundra, even if they happen to be the home team and are a bit more used to the cold. About the only thing you would be able to do on offense is run the ball; that is, if you have a run offense to begin with and GB does not have one to speak of. I think it's very possible it will be a low-scoring, run-dominated game and the Vikes would have to be favored in that kind of game. I believe you are correct that the Vikings have a great chance for the upset. It's going to be very interesting to watch that game.

Edited by PokerSteve

Don't the Vikings play in dome. I thought they played in the dome last week.

I know this whole comparison is screwed up because Green Bay doesn't and they play in Green Bay so how are they not an offense that plays in cold weather? More importantly both teams I'm sure have access to outdoor facilities to practice in very similar climates so it doesn't make sense.

If I had to bet a $100 I'd take Packers. I would like to see the Vikings win because its my wifes favorite team and then her and I could make a bet. And I really do think we would beat the Vikes pretty easy. Not a blowout but around a 10 point win.

I know this whole comparison is screwed up because Green Bay doesn't and they play in Green Bay so how are they not an offense that plays in cold weather? More importantly both teams I'm sure have access to outdoor facilities to practice in very similar climates so it doesn't make sense.

Vikings don't play in the cold weather but they have a good running game to go with for cold weather.

OK, the Vikings are preparing at their practice facility in Eden Prairie and the temperature was 7F on Tuesday. I'm still not sure how GB's offense is not a cold weather team since they play outdoors in Green Bay, WI.

Yes, thanks for all of the people who wanted to let me know that the Vikings play in a dome called the Metrodome since the late 70's. Pretty sure I've been aware of that for some time.

OK, the Vikings are preparing at their practice facility in Eden Prairie and the temperature was 7F on Tuesday. I'm still not sure how GB's offense is not a cold weather team since they play outdoors in Green Bay, WI.

Yes, thanks for all of the people who wanted to let me know that the Vikings play in a dome called the Metrodome since the late 70's. Pretty sure I've been aware of that for some time.

Because they are 1-3 in January last 8 years playing in their own house. The only playoff game they won in that period was in 2007 against SEA. Rodgers has never won a playoff game in GB yet.

Edited by falcons007