Injury Report: Robinson Plans To Be Ready For Playoff Game

Statick

Injury report: Robinson plans to be ready for playoff game

2:58 pm January 2, 2013, by D. Orlando Ledbetter

By CARROLL ROGERS

FLOWERY BRANCH — Cornerback Dunta Robinson is in the league’s concussion protocol after taking a blow to the head Sunday against Tampa, but he was encouraged Wednesday by his progress and thinks he’ll be back by the Jan. 13 playoff game.

“Nothing too serious,” Robinson said. “I’ve had a lot worse before, in 2010 (against the Eagles), when they had to help me walk off the field. So I’m pretty good. I should be back by next week, ready to practice and ready to roll. I won’t be out long at all.”

Robinson was injured in the first quarter on Sunday after lowering his head to tackle Bucs running back Doug Martin, but he was able to walk off the field on his own.

Falcons coach Mike Smith did not want to talk specifically about any injuries but had said Monday he thinks both Robinson and defensive end John Abraham (ankle sprain) would be available on Jan. 13. The Falcons are also hoping safety William Moore can return after missing four games with a hamstring injury but he has not yet returned to practice.

Good news for us all. But man Dunta has got to stop leading with his head so much when he tackles. I LOVE the guy's ferocity, but PLEASE USE YOUR SHOULDER MORE !!!

Except for losing Grimes earlier, we have been very lucky with injuries overall. We lost a few key guys for a couple games, but overall we have been very blessed this season.

We sure need ALL our starters for the playoffs.

Good news for us all. But man Dunta has got to stop leading with his head so much when he tackles. I LOVE the guy's ferocity, but PLEASE USE YOUR SHOULDER MORE !!!

Except for losing Grimes earlier, we have been very lucky with injuries overall. We lost a few key guys for a couple games, but overall we have been very blessed this season.

We sure need ALL our starters for the playoffs.

This^^^

What in **** happened to Moore's hamstring?!? I know it can be a lingering injury, but good lord.

Hamstrings take a long time to heal and one slip up could re-injure it and the process starts over. I can understand the hesitation the training staff is having. You want to make sure it's good to go before you get started.

Guest Negatorris

What in **** happened to Moore's hamstring?!? I know it can be a lingering injury, but good lord.

Hamstrings take longer to heal then people think. And also, I think WillyMo has been fine for a couple of weeks now, Smitty has just let him rest to cut any chances of re-aggravating it.