I Invite You To Partake In Some Real Rc Playoff Analysis

Bart2Ryan+beyond

RC seems to be focused on searching for the Zapruder (sp?) film version of evidence to determine if, and to what extent, Steve Smith is a 'punk azzed beyotch', so I thought I'd change it up a little and ask RC the following:

From a Falcons fan's perspective, in what order would you put the Falcons' possible playoff opponents in? Here's mine and why:

Most preferable - Minny - Despite having AP (who might get 300 yds against Atlanta's run D) and that fact that Minny has a 'for real" D, Ponder is the weakest of the 3 QBS Atlanta could face and I'll gamble he might get a bit rattled on the road in the Dome (of course to get there Minny has to win at Lambeau).

2nd most preferrable - Wash - only because their D is inconsistent and I'm not convinced that they could shut the Falcons O down.

Least preferrable - Seattle - most balanced of the 3 teams in terms of good passing and running O combined with a terrific D that could cause the Falcons' O-Line fits.

What do y'all think?

Edited by Bart2Ryan+beyond

Same. I prefer to face the team with the worst D. Thats our crutch. A good D can kill our Oline and i would rather be in a shoot out than be a low scoring field goal game.

That or the skins is my choice. Id rather avoid the hawks or 49`ers for that reason.

A part of me would like to see a pack rematch though. They knocked us out last time we played them in post season. it would be nice to repay that favor.

Vikings would be the best choice vs the Falcons. Their offense seems like a one man show and their defense is beat up.

Seahawks... that may also be a good option for the Falcons. I'm too lazy to look up the stats right now... but don't the Hawks look like a very beatable team away from the comfort of Qwest?

Easiest Defense?

Falcons toughest games this year have been against defenses that everyone else has been exploiting.

Chiefs (for the first half), Raiders, Saints (in New Orleans), Carolina and Tampa Bay were all flawed defenses that the Falcons didnt exploit.

But, when faced with better defenses (Denver, Eagles (when we played em), Dallas and NY), Falcons seemed to rise to the challenge.

I think the key is really how the defense is able to confuse the other teams offense, and making that other offense one dimensional is the Falcons route to success.

That said, I think Minnesota is the best option cause forcing them to become a passing team offers the best chances for defense to take over the game.

Seattle, away from Qwest, would be my 2nd choice.

Washington bothers me because of Shanahan... ever since the Raiders fired him, dude has been a nemesis in my life... he's clever enough to out-think Nolan at his own game.