Funny There's No Word On Abe

No word on Abe

Smitty and co. trying to cover it up to keep peace with fans

Injury is not minor as reported

Meaningless game with Abe our best PR still playing in 4qt

Falcon fans are irate with legitimate chance to win SB going down the drain

Abe is a beast, but I still think Douglas is a better punt returner. ph34r.png

If our entire SB chances were resting on Abraham we weren't going to win anyway.

Probably one of the reasons we haven't heard anything yet is because there isn't anything to report. Most of the reliable NFL reporters (LaCanfora, Mortenson, etc.) reported that it's a minor injury.

I trust their take on it more than Smith's........

What?

http://blog.atlantafalcons.com/jayadams/2012/12/31/abraham-robinson-expected-to-be-ready/

ABRAHAM, ROBINSON EXPECTED TO BE READY

JAY ADAMS

Published December 31, 2012 at 2:55 PM

1231_Dunta_Blog.jpg

What looked like it would surely be bad news Sunday turned to good news Monday afternoon as head coach Mike Smith announced during his weekly news conference that he expects defensive end John Abraham and cornerback Dunta Robinson — both hurt in Sunday’s 22-17 loss to Tampa Bay — back and ready to go in time for the Falcons’ divisional playoff game on Jan. 13.

“I can tell you this, on both of the players that left the game yesterday, I fully anticipate that they will be ready to go on Sunday, January 13th at 1 o’clock,” Smith said Monday.

Abraham was injured during the second half Sunday when his left ankle appeared to roll up underneath him as he was trying to tackle Tampa Bay quarterback Josh Freeman. Abraham was on the turf for a few moments before walking off the field with the aid of the Falcons’ Athletic Performance staff. As soon as he got to the sideline, he was carted into the locker room and didn’t return to the sideline.

Robinson left the game in the first quarter after being shaken up on a tackle. Robinson fell to the ground after making the initial hit but walked off the field on his own. He, too, left for the locker room and did not return to the sideline.

Smith said Monday that Robinson is in the league’s concussion protocol but is moving through it very quickly.

Smith also addressed safety William Moore, who has missed the final four games of the season with a hamstring injury.

“We hope to get William on the field in terms of our preparation for the game. He’ll be on the field working with our Athletic Performance group the first day and we’ll see how he’s going,” Smith said. “He’s progressed quite a bit over the last two weeks and we anticipate seeing him out there with us.”

No word on Abe

Smitty and co. trying to cover it up to keep peace with fans

Injury is not minor as reported

Meaningless game with Abe our best PR still playing in 4qt

All the networks say that he's fine. I think he just rolled it. God, I hope so!

Yeah I'm not sure how much I'm buying into the "minor injury" or the "we expect him to be fine" company taglines we get from smutty. We've heard it before from grimes last year in the giants game to peters this

year to spoon a few weeks ago...

But I've been wrong before and I'm hoping this is my second

Edited by ICE 2 WHITE

we just have to wait-n-see.....Mike Smith is a known liar when it comes to severity of injuries. The less reported on John Abraham's injury - the better it is for Mike Smith not having to answer questions on it........also, Smith thinks there is some fantastic advantage to keeping opponents in the dark.

This injury worries me. We made due in the secondary this year with some of the younger guys stepping up like Mclain. I don't think we can take a hit on our dline, especially not Abe. From looking at replays it appears their was atleast a sprain that happened. If it was a monor sprain would 2 weeks be enough time to recover? I used to skateboard as a kid and have had a lot of those types of things happen. I dont remember how long it used to take for my ankle to recover but 2 weeks to be in football shape? I dunno, it seems like even if he is able to play he isn't going to be 100% and with his playing style he sometimes needs to be able to plant and cut. I'm worried about this despite what Smitty says.

we just have to wait-n-see.....Mike Smith is a known liar when it comes to severity of injuries. The less reported on John Abraham's injury - the better it is for Mike Smith not having to answer questions on it........also, Smith thinks there is some fantastic advantage to keeping opponents in the dark.

Exactly.