Ray Lewis Retiring After The Season.

falcon90

Good, he needs to. Guys should walk away when they have something left. For a generation that doesn't really know you in your prime, the last you want them to see is you limping around the field or being just a shadow of yourself. Jerry Rice in his last couple of efforts was pitiful. Got to know when you are at the end and hang it up. He was a big time player but he has seen better days.

Hopefully, Spoon

If Spoon can rise to that level of leadership and production for this team, following a continued production offensively and defensively that we have witnessed this season, then I'm calling an appearance for us in 3 superbowls while Spoon is here.

He's just doing this so his teammates have something to play for. I bet he doesn't actually retire.

lol your age is showing homie. Ray doesn't need to lie to get his teammates to play better. He miss spending time with his family. He miss going to his sons football games. One of his sons will be a freshmen next year at Miami.

He's just doing this so his teammates have something to play for. I bet he doesn't actually retire.

he said in an interview before the season started that since his son will be donning his college colors, he wants to be a full time father and be there to support his son. Those may not be the exact words but it's close lol. He's been in the league long enough. I see nothing wrong with him wanting to be a full time father, some of us aren't that fortunate.

Man this is a Sad day. Dont want to see Ray Lewis go.....

You know that feeling when a legend like this is playing maybe his last game and you just want to be there too see him play for the last time. That's how i'm feeling. Really wish I could be at that game, you know the atmosphere will be crazy.

Sad day. As a fan I really hate to see him leave. As a man that honors family, I can say I understand. He headed the most under rated defense ever. When people use comparisons of "All Time great defenses", they usually reference the 85 Bears. But I really believe that 2000 Ravens D was every bit as intimidating.

Side note, can you believe Ravens got Johnathan Ogden and Ray Lewis in the same draft, same round. WOWEE ZOWEE!! Now thats making good use of picks.