Looking At Walter's Mock, Are The Areas They Drafted Weaknesses For Us In Playoffs?

MSalmon

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

ummmmmm first round would not be where Tyler eifert will go. we can probably trade down in the second and pick him up with ease.

I would say go after a pass rusher or LB or DT.

if we go with a pass rusher, then biermann can play LB. and we wouldn't have to worry as much with Peterson leaving.

If we go LB then we don't have to worry about a pass rusher until 4th 5th round.

DT is something I think we need. but not just a good one....one that can play a 3/4 scheme. maybe one of the guys from Georgia we could get in the first round. (I'm not being a homer, but UGA DT's are huge and do very well)

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

no thanks . Id rather find a project TE and groom . Start using more 3/4 wr sets

DB / DT / DE .. should only be mentioned as 1st round picks

no way we go after a DB in the first round. heck I would not touch one until way late, and it would be someone who could play safety, nickel, side. and is a big boy.

- We are fine at the DB situation enough to not go after one in the first 3 rounds.

Is Gonzo a weakness? No.

Are Abe and Biermann weaknesses? No.

Is Turner a weakness? Maybe, guess we'll have to wait and see.

There is a difference between a weakness and an area that can be improved. Almost every position can be improved but that doesn't make it a weakness.

I want a RG in round1. It is expensive in UFA, and we have a glaring hole there for next season. Not to mention a good bank for the buck position to take late in round 1.

I like our DT rotation, but DE is a big concern as usual. The difference is you are not as likely to find a stud DE late round one, teams gobble up pass rushers early.

I think round 1-2 need to be on the offensive and defensive lines in some combination.

Is Gonzo a weakness? No.

Are Abe and Biermann weaknesses? No.

Is Turner a weakness? Maybe, guess we'll have to wait and see.

There is a difference between a weakness and an area that can be improved. Almost every position can be improved but that doesn't make it a weakness.

Good points.im curious to see how Turner does or doesn't help us in postseason

Ezekial "ziggy" Ansah of Byu. Hes raw and has tremendous ceiling. Only played football for 3 years. De who plays olb. Id love to see nolan shape this guy! He may still be there in the 2nd probably not the 3rd but seeing as we will hopefully have the 32nd pick.......

look on any mock draft and they have Ansah going in the first.

1) Tyler Eifert, TE Notre Dame

2) Eddie Lacy, rb Alabama

3) Brandon Jenkins, DE FL STate

Obviously, TE we have Gonzo, but would having a second TE threat make us better?

Is turner adequate for playoffs?

Can any DE besides Abe step up?

Thoughts?

A second TE would be overkill. Better to send a faster WR out than two TE's. I think Lacey would make the biggest impact in the playoffs this year. The screen plays have been a nice alternative for a weak run game but the power run game could be a real issue in the playoffs.

A second TE would be overkill. Better to send a faster WR out than two TE's. I think Lacey would make the biggest impact in the playoffs this year. The screen plays have been a nice alternative for a weak run game but the power run game could be a real issue in the playoffs.

Depends on the second TE. 12 personnel formations would be scary with this teams talent plus a second TE.

Im happy with Palmer at TE after this season and we need a pass rush and a MLB followed up by a RB in the draft. Turner is done after this season IMO and Peterson is gone and Abe I believe will be a possible release. Im curious about Sidbury,Mathews and Mass and how they are developing. Its been a couple of seasons now with a couple of the DE and DT's and it time to see them either play or be released

I want a RG in round1. It is expensive in UFA, and we have a glaring hole there for next season. Not to mention a good bank for the buck position to take late in round 1.

I like our DT rotation, but DE is a big concern as usual. The difference is you are not as likely to find a stud DE late round one, teams gobble up pass rushers early.

I think round 1-2 need to be on the offensive and defensive lines in some combination.

What about Garrett Reynolds and they still have Hawley Konz Johnson Holmes & PK Manley to aswell to fix those other 2 o-line spots.While I'm not against drafting another o-lineman I just feel we still have enough depth there to cover that supposed weakness at RG.

I think CONTINUITY is a big thing for this coaching staff & with Mclure gone I gotta think the familiarity with Reynolds upfront instead of a new draftee and sliding Konz or Hawley in at C is the way the coaching staff will go.