Why Pay Willy Mo When He Is Always Injured ?

daybumper

It doesn't make sense to offer Willy Mo a contract when he is always injured . He has talent yes but he misses games . Being healthy is a part for being great . If Mo can't stay on field why would we offer him a mid tier contract when chances are he will be injured and miss games year by year

Missed 22 games in four seasons. Not good. Jelly and SackMaker may be more durable.

time to lose at least one of those nicknames.

Anyone with football smarts knows Baker has easily been a top 10 tackle.

I can probably can be "outsmarted" by stats, but the man has been very very good this year. Love the turnaround in a still young LT

On topic, May be worth ensuring our depth is strong at Safety if we do re-sign him, hope looks solid and loves to hit, would like to see what we have in Mitchell a little more next year, hope he is a prospect and not an out and out STer

As he is injured, it's a 99% certainty we get a nice discount, you think TD won't use that as a bargaining chip?!

couple that to his relationship with D-Block, esp Weatherspoon from Mizzou and Decoud, and i'm pretty confident we get a deal done with him to stick around for average money.

I'm fine paying Moore the kind of money Decoud got, the guy is a human highlight reel when he plays, I think if we needed him back in the end of the season he would have played but why play a player and risk further injury ? Chris Hope has played well in his absence, if we could keep those two guys I'd be all for doing that.

At least he isn't Bob Sanders

Ask a Colts fan if he thought it was worth having the always-injured Sanders on the roster in 2006, after Sanders had essentially missed that entire regular season.

Ask a Steelers fan if he cares more about the 21 games that Troy Polamanu missed between 2006 and 2010, or the two Super Bowls he helped them reach during that time (and win once.)

William Moore is an impact player and a rising star. I'd rather watch him be a game changer for just 8 games per season than watch an Erik Coleman type make zero impact for all 16.

Ask a Colts fan if he thought it was worth having the always-injured Sanders on the roster in 2006, after Sanders had essentially missed that entire regular season.

Ask a Steelers fan if he cares more about the 21 games that Troy Polamanu missed between 2006 and 2010, or the two Super Bowls he helped them reach during that time (and win once.)

William Moore is an impact player and a rising star. I'd rather watch him be a game changer for just 8 games per season than watch an Erik Coleman type make zero impact for all 16.

I agree

I was just saying that Willy Mo's injury history could be worse like Bob Sanders who went on IR almost every season.

He is an experienced safety and can do it all. Those guys don't grow on trees. His rookie year was a wash, but he played in 16 games in year 2, 12 in 2011 and 12 in 2012. I Honestly think he could have gone against Tampa if we needed him. Not making the pro bowl and missing games will cost him, but he is a very good player that I'll take.

How long has it been since Atlanta had good safeties, back to Scott Case and Brian Jordan. Robinson was good, William White nothing special. Millow was ok that first year here. I'll take my chances with Moore. He is not going to get top 5 safety money. Many thought DeCoud was on his way out. While he doesn't have health issues, he still misses a lot of key tackles and takes bad angles, but when he is in there he can do a lot of good. 6 picks you just don't throw away and the Falcons elected to bring him back for this year and I'm glad they did. There are many other holes to address vs creating another.