Top Flight Defensive Tackles' Contracts Are Running Out

Kayoh

Only going to list guys that are 28 or younger.

Henry Melton

Jason Jones

Desmond Bryant

Sammie Lee Hill

All playing in contract years, all are 28 or younger, and all are excellent 4-3 scheme interior pass rushers. Melton is the biggest name and will demand the most money, followed by Jones, then Bryant, then Hill, but at least one of these guys should be wearing red and black next season, ESPECIALLY if we're planning on letting Vance Walker walk out the door.

Only going to list guys that are 28 or younger.

Henry Melton

Jason Jones

Desmond Bryant

Sammie Lee Hill

All playing in contract years, all are 28 or younger, and all are excellent 4-3 scheme interior pass rushers. Melton is the biggest name and will demand the most money, followed by Jones, then Bryant, then Hill, but at least one of these guys should be wearing red and black next season, ESPECIALLY if we're planning on letting Vance Walker walk out the door.

Kayoh got the inside scoop!

Dorsey under Nolan would be interesting. He kinda got lost in KC, who used him more or less as straight 34 NT. but again he's a smallish DT. I think we need a bigger, more stout guy

Yeh I agree I would still like to sign him. But I forgot too mention Terrance Knighton as well, big NT (330lbs) has inconsistency issues but if you can push him he can be very good like what Nolan did for Paul Soliai

Yeh I agree I would still like to sign him. But I forgot too mention Terrance Knighton as well, big NT (330lbs) has inconsistency issues but if you can push him he can be very good like what Nolan did for Paul Soliai

Knighton is actually the guy I want, because Nolan's defenses always seemed to operate best with a big space eating NT on the d-line (Soliai in Miami, Franklin in San Fran, Kelly Gregg in Baltimore).

But if we're looking for a penetrating, rush the passer, Babineaux-type DT, then Jason Jones and Sammie Lee Hill would both be really nice choices. Hill looked phenomenal subbing in behind Suh and Fairley for the Lions this season... one of the lone bright spots on their defense.

The only problem with all of this is that Walker is our only defensive lineman who is a free agent, and I'm pretty sure we're going to re-sign him.

But I'd be okay with trading away Peters or Jerry if we could get a guy like Knighton or Jones onto the team.

Personally, I'm wanting the Falcons to go out and get a NT. Terrance Knighton in Jax and Randy Starks in Mia are both FA. I would prefer Starks because he's more versatile, and because he knows Nolan's tendancies. But I'm sure Miami will extend Starks. If they don't they would be absolute idiots.

I forgot all about Starks. I prefer Knighton because of his age and I think his ceiling is higher, but Nolan is definitely familiar with what Starks can do. Alan Branch from Seattle is another big guy who could really help out our run defense and allow our linebackers to make more plays.

See from what I remember my boy SLH was about 330 coming out of college.

Really wanted him and to be honest haven't tracked him since we didn't pull the trigger....

So he gets my vote on nostalgia and being a big dude.

In a rare moment of message board honesty, i have no idea how he has looked.