Denver Denied Teams Permission To Interview Staff

elmack

Broncos denied teams the right to talk to their coordinators. I hate that we are giving three of ours the right to interview. To me this shows how soft this organization is. We worked hard to get this far and now you let all three coordinators get distracted. I would put a wall up around this team and let these guys focus on what they were brought here to do. If a team really wants them, they will wait.

We can do that too. We just choose not to. We want to give our coaches the right to choose. Sure, it's a distraction, but they deserve the right to make the decision themselves, about whether or not to interview.

No. Teams with a bye cannot block any assistant from interviewing for a HC job this week. League rules.

The Redskins can because they do not have a bye.

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter

Arizona and Chicago have asked for and received permission to interview Broncos OC Mike McCoy for their HC job. Will interview this weekend.

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora

Add the Eagles to teams Broncos coordinator Mike McCoy will meet with this weekend. Heavy interest in him. AZ and CHI also to speak to him

RT @CardsMarkD: AZ interviewed Ray Horton this afternoon. Reached out to Andy Reid, no meeting yet. Will meet w Mike McCoy in DEN

Denver didnt do that or cant do that.... The Coach himself has to say i dont want to interview .... A team with a first round bye cant deny teams

Per league rules, this is the window for teams that have a bye week where assistant coaches can interview,” Falcons coach Mike Smith said, via D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal Constitution. “I will say this, I don’t think it’s appropriate for me to comment on any other team’s head coaching search. I feel like that we’ve got a number of guys on our staff that would be outstanding head coaches and per league rules if someone called and asked permission we would grant it because we’d have to.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/01/eagles-interest-in-mike-nolan-the-latest-in-falcons-flight/

Trust Peyton on this topic, I thought the same until he schooled me otherwise. Lot of incorrect language being used by the media, really easy to assume that teams are able to deny permission.

Teams can deny for any other position, even General Manager, but not Head Coach.

They may not be able to officially block it, but I bet you if a team said no the team asking for permission would wait till a later time as it would be the right thing to do, because you never know when they might be in the same situation.

From what I've read,"asking for permission" in this case seems like nothing more than a formality. Wouldn't be surprised if "asking for permission" was nothing more than "hey, we are bringing in so and so for an interview"

If its a lateral move the teams can deny it. For HC job which is a promotion,

like Peyton said teams with Bye week can't deny the permission. Teams can deny the request if they don't have the bye week or if the coaching position is other than HC.

/thread fail.

Edited by falcons007