G-Dawg Early Falcons Mock Draft

Ansah is a raw player....he has freakish size and athletic ability - high motor. He compares NFL-wise to Jason Pierre-Paul.

Obviously if Ansah is anywhere close to JPP he would be worth the pick. It is a gamble pick given he has only played football for a short time. He is from Ghana, Africa.

I'm personally tired of all our D-Ends with just average ability - think Falcons should "shoot-the-moon" with this pick. Time to go for it! Could he be a bust? yeah, ,he could......but don't think he will. If you hit on him, this could be a big-time player for Falcons who could change the defense entirely.

That size is very appealing an judging by the pic you posted, he ain't no tubby tubby. Also, hadn't JPP only played for a few years prior to being drafted? Maybe JPP is the exception to the rule but I agree, picking that late in the 1st roundis pretty much a license to roll the dice on a raw-super talented player or trade back.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great mock G-Dawg. I posted one a while ago that was similar, 1. Ansah 2. Warford 3. Gillislee, with different picks later on. And I must say I like your draft man. I'd be very happy with it and I believe you addressed all our needs properly.

thanks A-Town. I just cannot get the players we need if I go Tight End in the 1st. Can't do it. Must build the lines and get a legit RB.......

will be scouting Florida RB Gillisee tomorrow.

That size is very appealing an judging by the pic you posted, he ain't no tubby tubby. Also, hadn't JPP only played for a few years prior to being drafted? Maybe JPP is the exception to the rule but I agree, picking that late in the 1st roundis pretty much a license to roll the dice on a raw-super talented player or trade back.

yes, comparable to JPP in almost every way. I'm sure Ansah opponents will come along soon and point out the differences.

i really dont know enough about the DE kid, it seems every mock i have seen has picked that G, and im fine with ball. I dont love the positions picked though!

what positions would you pick? you have to match player/talent/falcons need to the round selected. I thought I did a decent job of that.

No he definitely isn't no tubby tubby. That dude has extreme athletic ability. SI did a story on him saying a missionaries intro to him was when he thought he was going to.play basketball one on one with Ansah. Ansah promptly stole the ball, tossed it off of the backboard, and dunked it. He was originally recruited to BYU to run track.

G-Dawg. I love the mock. I can agree with every single pick. I read that Ansah runs a 21 second 200m. For someone that size its uncanny.

I really think Fauria can be a player. Has excellent blood lines and size. He is even bigger than his uncle. All that is left to be said is " Bring em home TD!"

Not to sound gay, but I think Matt Ryan could do a lot with Fauria's size (6'7") laugh.png

No he definitely isn't no tubby tubby. That dude has extreme athletic ability. SI did a story on him saying a missionaries intro to him was when he thought he was going to.play basketball one on one with Ansah. Ansah promptly stole the ball, tossed it off of the backboard, and dunked it. He was originally recruited to BYU to run track.

Very interesting. I think one thing this team lacks, outside of Julio, is a physical freak. Sounds like this dude fits the bill.

Ansah screams bust.

Warford can't pass block.

Ball is a product of his line.

Agreed on Ball. Ansah is a gamble because it's such as projection. He's played at NT for half the year in that crazy scheme - he could easily bust.

But what makes you say Warford can't pass block? He stoned Sharrif Floyd against Florida, Missouri moved Richardson away from him, he didn't allow a sack all year (while playing in the SEC) - can you point me to plays where I can see this please?

Warford's hardly perfect - he's going to struggle hitting NFL speed in space (screens and 2nd level blocks). But inline and pass blocking he looks great to me....wacko.png

Very interesting. I think one thing this team lacks, outside of Julio, is a physical freak. Sounds like this dude fits the bill.

I believe he does. If anyone gets a chance they should read that SI story. It's a good one. He is raw, but has a great attitude to go along with his athletic ability. So I know he would definitely pass the Falcon filter.

thanks A-Town. I just cannot get the players we need if I go Tight End in the 1st. Can't do it. Must build the lines and get a legit RB.......

will be scouting Florida RB Gillisee tomorrow.

I agree man, I am very against taking a TE before we address the lines. Plus look at the FA TEs that will be available: Cook, Keller, and Davis.

I think you'll like Gillislee, he is an every down back. He has great speed, able to turn to the corner and run away from defenders, and he also has a quick burst and lateral quickness. Able to hit the hole quickly. He has good balance and finesse, could use some size, but as of now he can break tackles fairly well, and he always keeps his feet moving. So if he adds around 10 pounds he could be deadly. He also played a few games hurt. Tough kid.

#1-030) Ezekiel Ansah, DE-BYU 6'5", 270lbs

1001910.jpg

#2-062) Larry Warford, OG-Kentucky 6'4", 343lbs

072712_WEB_d_Warford_Larry_t618.jpg?ba5b5b122dd3d37cc13d83e92a6a0ec0d5bfa32a

#3-094) Monte Ball, RB-Wisconsin 5'11, 215lbs

5042a1d97f6c8.preview-620.jpg

#4-128) Brandon Williams, DT-SW Missouri State, 6'3", 325lbs

#4-135)(comp. pick) Joseph Fauria, TE-UCLA 6'7", 255lbs

#5-170) Rod Sweeting, CB-Georgia Tech, 6'0", 185lbs

Sounds like a real quality draft, g-dawg!

the same people that said Ansah screams bust probably said the same about JPP and Tamba Hali when they came out in draft.

any freakish talent that is drafted outside of the top 10 picks is going to have "bust potential" - otherwise they would not make it out of top 10.

Jason Pierre-Paul (drafted 1st(#15) in 2010 draft)

Tamba Hali (drafted 1st(#20) in 2005 draft)

all three of these guys were from foreign countries, had freakish athletic ability and were drafted in mid 1st round. Hali was not as raw as JPP and Ansah but have similiar backgrounds.

I think Ansah is a good gamble but I can understand why some might not like the pick. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Feel free to disagree and state why.

G-dawg, if this were our draft i would die of a heart attack, no way we get that lucky

Ansah would be a great potential pick at #1

Only problem is I doubt Warford will be there at our #2

Over all great Mock, I think Ball will be special, i would rather have Lacy but ball at 3 would be great

This is what one draft site said about Warford, someone stated he couldn't pass protect this states different.

Larry Warford, G, Kentucky

Height: 6-3. Weight: 340.

Projected 40 Time: 5.31.

Projected Round (2013): 2-3.

12/1/12: Kentucky was terrible this year, but Warford was very good. He opened up holes in the ground game and performed well in pass protection. Warford is a better athlete and quicker than one would think. He had an impressive senior season.

Warford battled well against Florida and defensive tackle Shariff Floyd. Warford played even better against Missouri defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson. He shut down Richardson's pass rush. The plays that the Missouri standout had success on only came when he went against other offensive linemen. Warford is an underrated prospect.