Early Draft Thoughts

The O.D.B

I was just pondering next years draft and how we can make this team better. It's allot harder this year because we have guys at every position and also guys waiting in the wings that could be great if given the chance. here are a few pieces I think might upgrade us. Let me know what you'd think of this.

Travis Frederick Height: 6-4. Weight: 338.

(Center/Guard Badgers)

Let face it Konz is likley our center when Mud duck takes off. we know Knoz can open some running lanes, well, so can Frederick and he's got about 40lbs more beef. this would make the right side of the line awesome to run behind and in time, would protect Matt very well.

William Gholston

(DE Spartans)

Big Willy doesn't look like an NFL DE, In fact he looks more like Fwankenstien when he plays. However, watching over and over I see an Incredibly powerful guy that sees the field very well. He needs to work on his agility some but it very disruptive just the way he is.

Le'Veon Bell

(RB Spartans)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_NUFkRgUw8

We need some speed and power to replace turner. Bell seems to fit the bill. At 6.2 240 he's still a bit thin so, I believe he'll easily put on some weight in the NFL and be an even more dangerous back.

so far I've looked at several of the top guys highlight reels for DE and RB and I haven't really been very impressed. So, I guess with Willy and Bell I'm looking for diamonds in the rough. I think they both could have a huge upside with good coaching. I don't see that with allot of the others.

Outside shot he falls to at least number 15. If he does Dmitroff should do what it takes to get him. Abe needs some serious help . Our pass rush has been non-existent the pass few seasons so it's now or never.

Pressure can be schemed and I think Nolan can find a guy or may have some dudes in mind with the picks we have. Remember Wake in Miami wasn't a first round pick.

Pressure can be schemed and I think Nolan can find a guy or may have some dudes in mind with the picks we have. Remember Wake in Miami wasn't a first round pick.

What you said is true but we can't go around plugging in bodies and hoping one sticks. That's not a good strategy. At some point we have to fill the position with a proven player. Abe is getting up there and our pass rush will only continue to get worse. Dmitroff needs to make moves sooner rather then later.

Edited by MyFalconsArePathetic

What you said is true but we can't go around plugging in bodies and hoping one sticks. That's not a good strategy. At some point we have to fill the position with a proven player. Abe is getting up there and our pass rush will only continue to get worse. Dmitroff needs to make moves sooner rather then later.

Nolan and TD can find some guys too rush the passer at the spots we already have in the draft. I don't see us really needing to move up to get a DE. That's just me.

Dumervil was a 4th round pick, James Harrison undrafted, Robert Mathis 5th round, and Jared Allen 4th round so pass rushers can be found in later rounds if you do your homework.

Again, you think the team that drafted then knew they were going to work out? I repeat, hoping is not a good strategy and it more often fails then succeeds. I see you pointed out a few guys who actually made it but they are the exception and NOT the norm. What about the other hundreds of players who don't work out? You don't hear about them because they sucked.

This team is getting up there in age and we are not one of those teams that can go around plugging in players hoping they work out. That's just stupid and it results in failure most of the time.

Again, you think the team that drafted then knew they were going to work out? I repeat, hoping is not a good strategy and it more often fails then succeeds. I see you pointed out a few guys who actually made it but they are the exception and NOT the norm. What about the other hundreds of players who don't work out? You don't hear about them because they sucked.

This team is getting up there in age and we are not one of those teams that can go around plugging in players hoping they work out. That's just stupid and it results in failure most of the time.

That can go the same for the dudes who people say are top 5 DEs. Remember Jamaal Anderson.

My main point was that I feel we don't need to trade up and get a guy. I think Nolan can get a good guy at the spots we sit at now. Like he said he really ain't too worried about getting one dominant guy. He rather have two or three guys with 5 or 6 sacks. Ware is a sack artist but did he get the Cowboys a championship yet.

That can go the same for the dudes who people say are top 5 DEs. Remember Jamaal Anderson.

Top picks in the 1st round are rarely busts. That's why they are called busts. They work out more often then not. It's better to take a chance with a proven top prospect than a nobody.

My main point was that I feel we don't need to trade up and get a guy. I think Nolan can get a good guy at the spots we sit at now. Like he said he really ain't too worried about getting one dominant guy. He rather have two or three guys with 5 or 6 sacks. Ware is a sack artist but did he get the Cowboys a championship yet.

We are talking about the Falcons pass rushing situation. Not Championships. It takes more then one player in one position to win a SB.

No Badgers on the OL. Konz himself said they don't face lot of pass rushers of NFL caliber playing in Wisconsin. If Frederick goes in 3rd round or later Falcons can take a chance on him.

you can't be serious with this. Joe Thomas is one of the best LT in the game. Travis is possibly the strongest lineman in the draft. Suh wouldn't come close to pushing him back. The man squats 730lbs. And you do realize JJ Watt,the NFL sack leader, is from Wisconsin right? And Suh is from Nebraska. Which is a Big 10 school. Travis is going no later than the second. He is that good

That's my point so you think one super star pass rusher is going to put us over the top?

No but it would help tremendously. The reason we lose alot of games is bcause QB's have all day to sit back and carve up our defense. Once Abe Wears out by the 4th quarter it's like they shoot at will. That has got to change if we want to go deep in the Playoffs every year.

No but it would help tremendously. The reason we lose alot of games is bcause QB's have all day to sit back and carve up our defense. Once Abe Wears out by the 4th quarter it's like they shoot at will. That has got to change if we want to go deep in the Playoffs every year.

Like I said I feel you don't need to trade up to get an effective pass rusher. We can get some guys at the spots we at I feel.

you can't be serious with this. Joe Thomas is one of the best LT in the game. Travis is possibly the strongest lineman in the draft. Suh wouldn't come close to pushing him back. The man squats 730lbs. And you do realize JJ Watt,the NFL sack leader, is from Wisconsin right? And Suh is from Nebraska. Which is a Big 10 school. Travis is going no later than the second. He is that good

Yeah I agree, I would take him in the 2nd for sure. He may not face many pass rushers but the guy has all the tools to be a dominant RG.

I understand how everybody is clamoring for a top-tier DE for our first draft pick, but we have Massaquoi and Matthews, neither of which has been given a valid opportunity to show whether or not they can rush the passer. Does anybody know how these two have graded out just on their limited reps this season? On the other side of the line we have GR coming back, plus we have Holmes and Philip Keith-Manley waiting in the wings. Are they busts? If these guys look promising, I'd rather see us draft the best RB available when our first-round pick rolls around rather than a DE or OL player.

Edited by PokerSteve