Garrett Reynolds

vel

Garrett Reynolds is about to be a UFA. Before he went down with injury, C was the only sore spot on the OLine. The OLine and offense were clicking and dominating. Since he went down, Konz stepped in out of position and has turned our RG/C spots back into 2011 level problems. Do you think we resign Reynolds and stick him back at RG and move Konz back to his natural spot, or do you think we let him walk and fill his position in the draft? Or do you resign him and make it another battle for that spot with Reynolds and Holmes since Holmes isn't taking over that LT spot anytime soon?

I think it will be pretty interesting to see what happens regarding this one.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard call Vel, I think we try and keep him he cant be too expensive and I hate to spend a real high pick on RG this year....

Yea, but a guy like Larry Warford or Alvin Bailey could be tempting. That's the tough decision. I think resigning Reynolds would open the door for using a higher pick elsewhere, but would the trade off in talent be a good decision. Like birdz4i said, he had one good year and it was really just 7 games.

I just think it will be interesting seeing what TD does with this situation as it changes a lot with the draft prospects we look at. Let Reynolds walk and we NEED an RG. Keep him and it's just a want.

Yea, but a guy like Larry Warford or Alvin Bailey could be tempting. That's the tough decision. I think resigning Reynolds would open the door for using a higher pick elsewhere, but would the trade off in talent be a good decision. Like birdz4i said, he had one good year and it was really just 7 games.

I just think it will be interesting seeing what TD does with this situation as it changes a lot with the draft prospects we look at. Let Reynolds walk and we NEED an RG. Keep him and it's just a want.

We need a DE much worse than a RG IMO .....

GR was playing at a very high level before he got hurt, good to see him shine but sucks that he got hurt again. Developing OL takes time so if he is healthy Falcons should take a chance. Keep GR and give a incentive based contract with out too much risk to cut him a year later if he can't play well coming back from injury. Draft a OG in the later rounds and have him compete with Gr in the camp.

With Clabo aging at RT, I'd like to see RG fixed for the next decade. That ain't Reynolds.

I don't know man, Reynolds was surprisingly good pre injury. I think the best case scenario for the falcons is if Reynolds can come back healthy and continue to build on his progress. Also, getting Konz away from RG to C will make a world of difference in his play.

As far as Clabo getting older, with Baker playing much better, Holmes may be looked at as the long term RT.

He will be a starter in this league if he comes back healthy.

I think you're overestimating how good he is. He was doing fine before the injury, dont get me wrong. But he only showed a few games worth of goodness. Last year he wasn't good. That doesn't make him an automatic starter. I wouldn't mind him being a starter tho but that lineup I posted would make feel much better

I think you're overestimating how good he is. He was doing fine before the injury, dont get me wrong. But he only showed a few games worth of goodness. Last year he wasn't good. That doesn't make him an automatic starter. I wouldn't mind him being a starter tho but that lineup I posted would make feel much better

Over-esitmating? Dude was the only RG in the NFL not to give up a hit or sack before he got hurt. Look at the all 22 and the clean pocket he gave to Ryan. His technique was very impressive for a RG and never letting defenders collapse the pocket from inside. Put the tape of Jahari Evans and GR , you will see very similar technique. I agree he showed it only in 5 or 6 games but there are lot of teams who don't have good guards and will snatch him up and take a risk. Not saying he will be top FA but teams might take a chance on him as a starter.

Edited by falcons007

I think we are still getting Dimitroffed on the Oline. Dude should have re-signed Dahl.

Buddy has brought in 10 Olinemen and we're still btchg about the Oline.

He drafted Reynolds to play RT and we're trying to make him a guard. He drafted Konz to play guard and we're trying to hide him at center where I'm pretty sure he will get his as handled. Especially against the 3-4 defenses we face next year.

Blalock and SackMaker can't run block and Clabo is getting old.

Some of Dimi's bust picks at Oline need to RTFU. If not, we need to spend most of our resources on the Oline to cover his gaffes.

Same with the DLine.