Chip Kelly Has Petrino Written All Over Him

Chip Kelly might leave cause Oregon is in trouble with the NCAA.

i'm gonna have to look that up. I've heard it, but don't know any details.

I do agree that Saban would have made it if he hadn't realized he had much different goals and ideas than the owner he went to work for. Not getting Mr Wobbles really made him second guess his decision to take that job. He took a team that had a pathetic season, turned it around somewhat the next couple of seasons.

i'm gonna have to look that up. I've heard it, but don't know any details.

I do agree that Saban would have made it if he hadn't realized he had much different goals and ideas than the owner he went to work for. Not getting Mr Wobbles really made him second guess his decision to take that job. He took a team that had a pathetic season, turned it around somewhat the next couple of seasons.

Kelly and Oregon paid Lyles (a so called scouting expert) to scout players for them. In reality, they paid him for his relationships with athletes (especially Seastrunk), and he sent them scouting reports several years old when Oregon realized they were about to be in trouble.

I don't think he will have much success in the NFL...those teams havent done well against the top defenses...its an offense that preys on weak opponents and struggles when facing the better ones...every NFL team has personel to counter what he does there...with several years to get the personell he needs he could have some success but I just think it will take longer than the typical NFL team is willing to struggle.

This thread and the thread title is ********. Chip Kelly in no way whatsoever compares to Petrino. To make the comparison is lazy and intellectually dishonest.

If any of you think Chip Kelly will trot out the exact same offense he runs at Oregon onto an NFL team, you're not very smart. Kelly is a brilliant coach, he will instill an offense that will put his team in a position to succeed. Whether or not he will actually succeed is to be seen, but he will not turn an NFL team into the Ducks.