Can't Believe No One Has Posted This...

If we do win the SB, you realize how bad we'll be bashed for doing so? Look at how "easy" it could be to get there. Seahawks, Vikings, Washington. (BTW, I don't think it will be easy, just won't be as hard as going through GB, San Fran, Giants, Taints, Bears, etc...) We'll be the worst SB champions ever! (I don't think that, but you know we'll hear it)

If that's the case it would be sheer stupidity. I know what you're getting at, but if you look at any of the teams you mentioned it should be the same respect getting through any of them. I mean really after the way Seattle has been dropping 50+ points on people, we would not garner respect if we beat that? Stopping Adrian Peterson? RGIII? For that to happen I mean look what would may hv had to happen =

1) Seattle - defense prob got 2 or 3 ints, stopping a super-hot rook QB the same way we took out both Mannings and Brees and our offense wld prob score at least in the 20s against a team that has one of the best defenses in the league especially the DBs. Our secondary after the way they've played all yr wld HAVE to get props of the yr type props for that and so wld the offense with our strength (passing) going against their strength (pass defense).

2) Minnesota - if we beat that we would have to hv stopped the best RB in the world right now in A.P. and with our sometimes weak run D that should garner all the respect in the universe right there.

3) RGIII - sheet we had to K.O. him last time and with that mutant azz rook RB powerball A Morris again see #2

I won't even get into San Fran and the Pack...my only point is that if that's what people or I should sheep end up saying it would prove without a doubt something we ALL already know and that folks around the sports world just plain hate everything sports related to Atlanta. No rhyme or reason. If Matt Ryan were to get like T Brady and yell at his players/coaches good or bad (and I'm not hating on Brady for it btw) the media talking heads wld sautee his arse. Roddy (although I don't care for this myself) gets wayyyyyy more bad press for his tweets and mouth more than the avg DIVA wr and I don't get that. Roddy gets testy and annoyed/ing with that stuff but c'mon they sometimes try and make him out to be T.O. or Ocho for crying out loud and we KNOW thats not the case. If N.Y. fans trash their field it's passion, if Atlanta does it, worst display of fandom ever. We're cursed for talking up the Braves by being told how many times they've choked and only hv one WS ring after 14 div titles, and we're at the same time cursed for getting apathetic at games when we know we're getting ready to see failure again after having been served so many prior examples of it even though we and they end up being right again. The fans in Detroit (yrs back) get called "passionate and caring" when they booed their Lions at home at the half when they were up ten. Falcons fans boo for WHATEVER reason and usually its a better one (especially in the MV7 days) than HAVING A LEAD in a game and we're buried alive by the exact same announcers.

So in short I see where the O.P. is going with that but if so double fingered salute to em all. And just think I was only thinking of giving the one-fingered salute when we won the S.B. thanks for the motivation! laugh.png

Edited by The Vent King

That would be a total BS argument. **** the media, but how are you going to discredit a Falcons' Superbowl when they faced playoff teams to get there. Last time I checked the teams that actaully made the playoffs were better than the teams that didn't (Giants, Bears, Saints etc.).

I'm not denying that at all, in fact, that's my point of view. But lets be honest, no one here would ay that the Vikings are better than the Giants. No one would say that. Like I said, I could care less about the media, just figured I'd throw this out there for the guys that have obsessed about it since we started playing games this year...

Hmm? Please tell me how that philosophy has worked out in past years?

The past was all apart of the process. Its really simple...the Falcons have the best record in all of the NFL. Its a done deal...the superbowl is ours, period. Nothing any team can do about it...We are Falcon!!

Edited by nomak
Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

The past was all apart of the process. Its really simple...the Falcons have the best record in all of the NFL. Its a done deal...the superbowl is ours, period. Nothing any team can do about it...We are Falcon!!

Are you kidding me? The rest of the NFL gives **** about our record and rightly so. The teams with the best record in the regular season rarely make the super bowl. In the playoffs all that matters is which team came out to play that day. We had the best record in 2010. Even most homer trolls don't use that excuse.