Statistical Look At Nfc Playoff Teams

RECORD

ATL - 13-3 (2-2 in last four, 5-3 in last eight)

SF - 11-4-1 (3-1 in last four, 5-2-1 in last eight)

GB - 11-5 (3-1 in last four, 6-2 in last eight)

WAS - 10-6 (4-0 in last four, 7-1 in last eight)

SEA - 11-5 (4-0 in last four, 7-1 in last eight)

MIN - 10-6 (4-0 in last four, 6-2 in last eight)

OFFENSE

ATL - 7th in scoring, 6th in passing, 29th in rushing, 7th in turnovers allowed

SF - 11th in scoring, 23rd in passing, 4th in rushing, 5th in turnovers allowed

GB - 5th in scoring, 9th in passing, 20th in rushing, 2nd in turnovers allowed

WAS - 4th in scoring, 20th in passing, 1st in rushing, 1st in turnovers allowed

SEA - 9th in scoring, 27th in passing, 3rd in rushing, 8th in turnovers allowed

MIN - 14th in scoring, 31st in passing, 2nd in rushing, 13th in turnovers allowed

DEFENSE

ATL - 5th in scoring, 23rd in passing, 21st in rushing, 7th in takeaways

SF - 2nd in scoring, 4th in passing, 4th in rushing, 14th in takeaways

GB - 11th in scoring, 11th in passing, 17th in rushing, 19th in takeaways

WAS - 22nd in scoring, 30th in passing, 5th in rushing, 5th in takeaways

SEA - 1st in scoring, 6th in passing, 10th in rushing, 6th in takeaways

MIN - 15th in scoring, 24th in passing, 11th in rushing, 22nd in takeaways

OK who do you want to face? WAS and SEA are the hottest teams. GB has the best QB. Every team but GB can run the ball. SF and SEA have stout defenses.

We match up a lot better against the Green Bay Rodgers.

Packers got 0 running gain, banged up receiving core that can't go head to head with our DBs and a QB that will be under constant pressure because of a bad OL.

We'd beat WAS for sure, but SEA will be a challenge, regardless. Hope we don't get them in the divisional round, I'd like us to get hotter before we face them.

Why do people keep asking who we want to face? It doesn't even matter.

People are bored, man. Gotta get some discussion going to ease the time until bigger news happens.

Guest Negatorris

You're right cause if we play like we played in two of our last four games we will get our as kicked.

Comparing two games the Falcons didn't care about to a game the Falcons will actually get fired up for? You'd be better off comparing it to the Giants game.

Comparing two games the Falcons didn't care about to a game the Falcons will actually get fired up for? You'd be better off comparing it to the Giants game.

Smitty said he would play the TB game to win and left the starters in the whole way. Why didn't we care about the CAR game? We hadn't even locked up HFA yet. Truth is we got outs chemed, out coached and out played in both games.

Smitty said he would play the TB game to win and left the starters in the whole way. Why didn't we care about the CAR game? We hadn't even locked up HFA yet. Truth is we got outs chemed, out coached and out played in both games.

I don't think the Falcons were jacked in playing the Buccs, Panthers beat ours butts......Seems like the Falcons get jacked against the more hype games.....

Offense = 29th overall in rushing ! THAT's our BIGGEST weakness v/s any playoff team.

Eff that's embarrassing! we need to get our running game going NO MATTER what.....this will help Matty Ice control the tempo of the game & make BIG plays when needed.

In order to win guys all I know with # of offensive weapons we have ..Matty Ice & Co will HAVE to put up over 28pts to stand a chance v/s any of above team.

THoughts?

not because they were better...it was because we took them for granted & we were caught sleep walking!

They DO NOT have skill sets we have ....complacency has been a BIGGEST reason we drop games when we should absolutely blow our opponents out on consistent basis!

Edited by mattyicefalcon

I will be wanting to face the Vikings. 1.they have nothing other then AD.2. That means Rodgers is out of the playoffs. 3.I could see Washington and Seattle being able to beat SF. Just my opinion

you know our history with rookie & younger Qb's right? I wouldn't underestimate Ponder & Co. they got nothing to lose especially how they crawled back in the playoff mix........& just go back to the game where Ponder carved up our porous secondary.

We should go with KILLER INSTICT period!! ALL 60 mins hard core falcon football ...no excuses!

Edited by mattyicefalcon

the decisions he has made are usually terrible outcomes, like when to play starters, when to rest, when to call timeouts, challenges, and when he wants to get back to smittyball aka o-3 in post season.

its no wonder everyone wants our coaches so bad this year, they realized despite how terrible we have been undersmitty, these guys came in and boosted us up with the same players and we had our best year yet, all applause goes to coordinators and they are interviewing now for jobs due to that.

Smitty has been a glutton for being in the best situation, and only making minimal strides yoy with all that talent.

a defensive mastermind supposedly, we ranked near the bottom with all that talent, so its obvious that Nolan gets all that credit, our offense was really great at winning against the worst, losing against the good which is all talent lining up against talent and then struggling when a team actually planned without any adjustments in game.

I have not seen a thing that makes me feel great about him as a coach other than he takes a top rated team filled with talent and gets them almost there.

I hope we do big things this year, if i see growth, i will applaud him from learning, but if we tank out, i will have a huge problem with bringing him back again, i really will

like me, love me, hate me, whatever, im just giving my HOpinion

I want people to stop posting threads about who we want to play. It doesn't matter who we play because we play whoever and however the cards falls. So just because teams are on a role doesn't make them any more dangerous then us.

The way it seems that our problem is with team within our division and not outside. Why should I be afraid to face any team outside our division?