Tavarres King

Guest Negatorris

Guest Negatorris

Who would agree to drafting Tavarres King? He's got great speed, and great hands. He's projected as a 6th round pick, and would be a great #3. Think of him as a more talented version of Jenkins.

As a Bama fan I like King in the 5th and would take Jenkins pretty fast.

may I ask why? Is it the success that the UGA front has had against the run game this year?

You as a Bama fan have seen the massive failure

first hand..

John Jenkins has done nothing to receive his hype.. he will be a bad 1st round pick

KOG slightly off topic out of all the Pass rushers OLBer's or DE's whose the best fit for this Falcons defense??

Off the top of my head I would say Jarvis Jones. He would pass rush as a OLB in out 3-4 package and place his hand in the dirt in the 4-3.

I also like CJ Mosely in the middle (he playes OLB and MLB), but as for DE's...its hard to say. I am noticing a BBDB trend in NCAA Football.

may I ask why? Is it the success that the UGA front has had against the run game this year?

You as a Bama fan have seen the massive failure

first hand..

John Jenkins has done nothing to receive his hype.. he will be a bad 1st round pick

Because we need a space eater and Jenkins is as good as they come. I don't think you are looking at him for what his actual position calls for. His position doesn't sack the QB. The intention is to eat blocks. He took on three of our guys more than once.

+'s he's a big target,has good speed good change of direction but with Cone and Davis already here do they really need another WRer in the mix I'll probably say no.

The only -'s I saw was down field blocking I didn't really see anything with regards to this and I no that something our WRer's have to do well..

Edited by kiwifalcon

Because we need a space eater and Jenkins is as good as they come. I don't think you are looking at him for what his actual position calls for. His position doesn't sack the QB. The intention is to eat blocks. He took on three of our guys more than once.

Yea as evidenced by the huge day bama had running the ball.. dude is hugely overated

Off the top of my head I would say Jarvis Jones. He would pass rush as a OLB in out 3-4 package and place his hand in the dirt in the 4-3.

I also like CJ Mosely in the middle (he playes OLB and MLB), but as for DE's...its hard to say. I am noticing a BBDB trend in NCAA Football.

Do you not see a future with Dent at MLBer I've watched him of late and he has been alot better.i think once the game starts slowing down for Dent he will be a player going foward for us.

I've heard alot of Jarvis Jones talk but he surely won't be a realistic pick for us will he..Is Ogletree a good fit for the Falcons and he will be more available won't he for where we will be picking?

CJ Mosely will have to do some more checking.

Do you not see a future with Dent at MLBer I've watched him of late and he has been alot better.i think once the game starts slowing down for Dent he will be a player going foward for us.

I've heard alot of Jarvis Jones talk but he surely won't be a realistic pick for us will he..Is Ogletree a good fit for the Falcons and he will be more available won't he for where we will be picking?

CJ Mosely will have to do some more checking.

I like Dent.

Sorry Kiwi, RL was calling. No, I like Dent and would like to see more of what he can do. LB isn't even in my top 5 of positions to look at. I'm just saying that I would not mind an upgrade for Dent mostly. I like Nic and Spoon too much to move away from those two.

As for DE. That's in the air for me. I'm cool with the guys available, but I prefer to get an FA for the position. I hate that we picked up Edwards because now folks are looking at FA defensive ends as being = Edwards. That's just not the case. There are a couple I would love to land...here is a small list

Cliff Avril

Glenn Dorsey (DE or DT)

Robert Geathers

Michael Johnson

Juqua Parker

George Selvie

Matt Shaughnessy

Certainly not the sweetest group, BUT is we draft a DE we can get a pretty good DT in the same FA

Glenn Dorsey

Sedrick Ellis

Ma'ake Kemoeatu

Terrence Knighton

Roy Miller

Fili Moala

Brian Price

Richard Seymour

Isaac Sopoaga

Corey Williams*

Kevin Williams

So really you can go either way. FA for TE doesn't look so bad either. Would have to shell out $$$ for WR, but that isn't a hurting thing. Would like to draft King in the 5th. LB looks like

Antwann Barnes

Connor Barwin (DE/OLB)

Jasper Brinkley

Dannell Ellerbe

Dwight Freeney (DE/OLB)

Tavares Gooden

Paul Kruger (DE/OLB)

Rey Maualuga

Shaun Phillips (DE/OLB)

Anthony Spencer (DE.OLB)

Stevenson Sylvester

Phillip Wheeler

T. King has put together back-to-back very solid years and usually comes up BIG in the biggest games. While he does not have elite speed, he has good burst and runs very nice routes. He will be a climber over the next several weeks and will end up a 4th round pick IMO. Would not surprise me in the least if he ends up a very strong #2 receiver for whomever drafts him. So yes, while wide-out is not a position of need, I would take him in the fourth and he could possible end the #2 behind Julio once Roddy retires.

Edited by Falconsin2012

Who would agree to drafting Tavarres King? He's got great speed, and great hands. He's projected as a 6th round pick, and would be a great #3. Think of him as a more talented version of Jenkins.

I like him. I think he projects to the NFL better than HD. Not as fast but a better overall WR. I'd rather draft a good OL, DL, LB, CB, TE or RB before we draft another WR though.

Guest Negatorris

I think it depends on his combine and pro day numbers. If he runs in the 4.5 range, he wont get past round 2. I know the other drill will well suit him.

You could be right, but there's a chance he's overlooked.