Osi Umenyiora

leftfield

Guest Negatorris

Osi is overrated. Jeez. He's old too. We need someone young to eventually replace Abe, and learn from him. Osi would just be Ray Edwards 2.0. Dude sucks.

I wanted Umenyiora 2 years ago when he was playing for a contract but now no thanks and throw in the fact they got burned by No play Ray even makes the FA DE scenario even more untenable going foward.I guess it means either Massoquai or Matthews have to be the guy or its back to the well aka the draft for Abe's replacement.

One things for sure Abe needs help upfront and the pass rush needs to be improved for this defense to take the next step and should be up #1 go get this off season.

Edited by kiwifalcon

Guest Negatorris

I'd like to see Dimitroff address DE in the draft with a Alex Okafor or a Tank Carradine.

Okafor would probably be gone before our pick.

Osi is overrated. Jeez. He's old too. We need someone young to eventually replace Abe, and learn from him. Osi would just be Ray Edwards 2.0. Dude sucks.

lol comparing Osi to Ray is ignorant. They are two different type of DEs. Osi had 6 sacks this year and didn't even start. Osi is a pure pass rusher. Better check out his stats before comparing him to Ray Edwards

Bringing in an Osi is like bringing in Asante...

His on field impact (no matter whatever level) will only be for 2 or so years. But in that time he can help teach OUR "so called" YOUNG BEASTS how to get to that next level. Abe for all we know could retire after this year.

We missed this opportunity with Tony G. Think about having a talented TE to learn from him for the last 2 or 3 years. We would have been set at TE for the next 8 years and never missed a beat.

We were able to get this from the linebacker position with Mike Peterson's rub off on Spoon and Loften. This method/cycle has been around for years across the NFL

How do you think JPP was able to get to where he is so quickly? It was him being talented and being around a stable of beast defensive ends every day. If Osi were to come here I am sure that he wouldnt mind a rotational player like he was in NY if there truly was a better option on our squad to start over him

Edited by WFColonel56

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

Love how last year people said Abe was getting to old. Now that he is performing well, it seems the door barn has been open for anyone over 30......except for Turner.