Which Job Opening Is The Best?

So if you were an NFL coach and you had your choice of any job which job opening would you want and why?

The open jobs are;

Arizona Cardinals

Buffalo Bills

Chicago Bears

Cleveland Browns

Kansas City Chiefs

Philadelphia Eagles

San Diego Chargers

I would pick the Browns. They have a new owner who used to be a season ticket holder for the Steelers. So hopefully he learned that continually is an important aspect successful organizations have. I really like the Browns talent. I think they are a quick fix. They have made a lot of good draft picks in recent years. I'm not a fan of having a 30 year old Brandon Weeden. But I like what I saw outta him last season. Draft a QB and develop him while getting the most you can outta Weeden and then hand the reigns over in a year or two.

Also Cleveland sports fans are great when they have something to cheer for. The Dog Pound is one of the best traditions in professional sports. I think it's the best NFL opening.

So what do you guys think? What job would you want?

Browns are one of the best options. I said in another thread that they're a couple of good draft picks away from being at least a wildcard team. QB situation is iffy, but throw in a nice #1 WR, then maybe a decent LB and DB. You've got yourself a team.

Edited by cnasty

Guest Negatorris

Bills or Chiefs. Both have young defenses with a load of potential, and plenty of weapons on the offensive side. All they would need is a QB.

San Diego. Rivers has shown he can be a good QB. They have talent. You can knock AJ Smith, but he was a good talent evaluator, he was just a total **** when it came to retaining the talent. He chased all the elite talent out of town.

Bears would be #2.

You are better off with a QB, than a place like Arizona. This draft is brutally mediocre at QB.

Browns are one of the best options. I said in another thread that they're a couple of good draft picks away from being at least a wildcard team. QB situation is iffy, but throw in a nice #1 WR, then maybe a decent LB and DB. You've got yourself a team.

I completely agree. I think the Browns will be in the playoffs within the next 3 seasons.

I'd bet anything that Andy Reid is going to head to San Diego with his own staff and the intention to "fix" Philip Rivers.

Arizona and Kansas City are probably the best places other than that, though. Low expectations, lots of talent. Kansas City has 4-3 personnel playing 3-4, so that's an easy fix, plus one of the best OLs in the league, a top 10 WR, a TE with tons of potential, and a top 5 RB. Arizona needs some offensive work, but Kolb comes back healthy and you do a better job of protecting him, Powell, Williams and Stephens-Howling are a solid RB corps, and your defense is elite.

Eggles all the way. The owner is willing to spend any amount to get the right front office team. They have a decent QB and playmakers on O. The line was devastated by injuries this year and should be better next year. Their Defense needs a steady coordinator but has good young talent.

Whoever takes the Eagles job is going to be robbing them for a few years because everything is set up there for them to succeed for years, pending another year as injury-stricken as this one.

Eggles all the way. The owner is willing to spend any amount to get the right front office team. They have a decent QB and playmakers on O. The line was devastated by injuries this year and should be better next year. Their Defense needs a steady coordinator but has good young talent.

Who's decent? Nick Foles? I disagree. I see the Eagles job as a job that is a win now job for 2 or 3 years and then then they'll be facing a long rebuilding job. They have a lot of talent right now but they've also got a lot of age on that team.

I'd say kc

Move that 1st overall pick nab Barkly early 2nd maybe take Luke jockel when you trade down and then they really have a good foundation on offense . And yes I'm not solid on Barkly but I'd rather gamble a 2nd on him rather than a 1st overall on Geno both could be good pro's though just not can't miss guy or neither of them is an "elite" talent.

The knee jerk is KC, but a real coach is goint to need a 3 year window

to cycle out the misfits.

Draft a QB who will need 2 full seasons, and get your

other playmakers through the draft and FA.

KC is not a total rebuild, but some light cleaning is needed

and it is never that easy in the NFL.

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

Cardinals no doubt. You keep Fitz and have a top five Defense. All you need is a quarterback. And have a top draft pick.

All they need is a qb? They have 4, but can't keep anyone healthy because of that peewee league of players that they call an offensive line.

The bears, eagles, and chargers are the three best spots consequently having fired the three best coaching candidates to land elsewhere. I think Cleveland will target Reid but I dont know if he will want to inherit that QB situation or live in that city. Cutler could be a tough sell. Rivers may be a diva at times too but that might be the best place for Reid or Lovie to go. Norv Turner might be interesting in chicago retaining the defensive staff unless Lovie lures them away.

AZ would be the best to me. Good YOUNG defense. Arguably the best WR in the league and solid complimentary receivers & RBs. Clearly need a QB and Oline help.

Chicago a close 2nd. Good but aging D. Talented QB, WR & RB but Oline needs a massive overhaul.

Philly would be 3rd. Not an especially talented D, bad Oline and will likely need a new QB in a year that the QB draft class is week and a city with very high expectations.

Now that I think about it Philly is probably behind Buffalo. None of these gigs are awful though. Often times just takes a few personnel changes and the right coach. We were supposed to be the worst team in the league in 08 when Smitty got here and we went 11-5. Harbaugh had what was perceived as a terrible SF team 13-3 in his first year there. Indy picked 1st in the draft last year and this year they're in the playoffs. You get what in saying.

Eagles. Winning tradition, good ownership, they know how to draft and have a good talent base in place. This is a team that could bounce back fast if they drafted a young QB talent, while signing a placeholder like Alex Smith or Matt Moore.

I think the Eagles is a good short term job if you can get a steady QB (maybe an Alex Smith or Matt Moore like your said) but they have a lot of age on that team (especially on defense) and I think they'll be in for a major rebuilding job in a few years.

I think the Cardinals is the worst job out there. They're light years away from being a playoff team. They have a good defense but aside from Larry Fitzgerald they are completely terrible on offense.

I think the Eagles is a good short term job if you can get a steady QB (maybe an Alex Smith or Matt Moore like your said) but they have a lot of age on that team (especially on defense) and I think they'll be in for a major rebuilding job in a few years.

I think the Cardinals is the worst job out there. They're light years away from being a playoff team. They have a good defense but aside from Larry Fitzgerald they are completely terrible on offense.

2nd youngest roster heading into the season. Lots of young players waiting in the wings. Dumping Asomugha would be a big help.

Cards have some talent, but too many big holes to fill (QB, OLT) for a quick rebuild.

2nd youngest roster heading into the season. Lots of young players waiting in the wings. Dumping Asomugha would be a big help.

Cards have some talent, but too many big holes to fill (QB, OLT) for a quick rebuild.

I know you have talked about the Falcons age before (we've had that discussion) and the Falcons have 9 starters over the age of 30. The Eagles have 7 starters over the age of 30.