Eagle's Owner Hc "wishlist" Composed Of Offensive Minded Coaches Only

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/769/eagles-offense

"According to Howard Eskin of FOX 29 and WIP radio, owner Jeffrey Lurie's head-coaching vacancy list contains five names on it, and they are all offensive-minded.

The list Eskin provides is Penn State head coach Bill O'Brien, Falcons offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter, 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman, Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians, and Oregon head coach Chip Kelly. We already know that Philadelphia top dogs are traveling to Atlanta on Wednesday to interview Koetter along with fellow Falcons assistants DC Mike Nolan and ST coordinator Keith Armstrong. Roman would also be able to interview this week with the 49ers securing a first-round bye for the playoffs"

Sorry if posted.

Looks like we can breathe a little bit easier. Nolan probably will not end up as the Eagles HC. However the storm is not over and I fully expect more teams to interview Nolan. I hope Blank gives him a Blank check, I have never seen the defense play this well and I don't want that to change anytime soon.

I will go on the record of saying this but I rather keep Nolan as a DC then Smith as a HC. Nothing against Smitty, I think he's a great leader and have no problems with desicions he's made in the past and present. However what Nolan did this year was amazing and truly blew me away ....

Happy new years !

Guest facelessman07

I will go on the record of saying this but I rather keep Nolan as a DC then Smith as a HC. Nothing against Smitty, I think he's a great leader and have no problems with desicions he's made in the past and present. However what Nolan did this year was amazing and truly blew me away ....

Happy new years !

I agree 10000000000000%

There are exceptions to every rule. For every Payton there will always be 10 Turners, Whisenhunts, Piolis, Garretts and Mularkeys.

And for every Belichick there will always be 10 Crennels, Ryans, Allens, (Lovie) Smiths, and Riveras. There's no difference between offensive and defensive minded head coaches, there will always be studs and duds...

Obviously there are going to be hits and misses no matter what, odds tend to lean towards defensive coaches as head coaches far more than they lean towards offensive minded coaches.

Parcells, Belicheck, John Harbaugh, Mike Smith himself, Jack Del Rio, Mike Tomlin, Cowher, plus a few others coaching teams right now that are doing well with teams but it would be premature to put them in that category at this point...law of means says defensive coaches make better head coaches. It's just a mentality.

Obviously there are going to be hits and misses no matter what, odds tend to lean towards defensive coaches as head coaches far more than they lean towards offensive minded coaches.

Parcells, Belicheck, John Harbaugh, Mike Smith himself, Jack Del Rio, Mike Tomlin, Cowher, plus a few others coaching teams right now that are doing well with teams but it would be premature to put them in that category at this point...law of means says defensive coaches make better head coaches. It's just a mentality.

Law of means ? Lol. Four out of the last five Super Bowl coaches were offensive minded.