All The People Who Say The Coaches Don't Need To Prepare

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

To all of the people that are saying that the coaches don't have to prepare this week, because it's a bye, we don't know who we are playing, they've been doing this for years, elite teams don't need to stop their coaches, and that the coaches can do this:

BASED ON RECENT HISTORY, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK WE SHOULD ALLOW THIS?

or dismiss it as no big deal. If i'm not mistaking Mularkey was being interview last year around thistime maybe even Van Gorder. How did that work out? In 2010 I know that they both were being interviewed. How did that work out?

This shows that Nolan, Koetter, and Armstrong care more about getting a fat paycheck than they do about the team. Look at McDaniels of the Pats. They have a bye week, and he told everybody he'd rather focus on preparing than interviewing.

SMH if you ask me the Falcons will win a playoff game, but lay an egg in the NFC Championship. The team just doesn't look like it cares about winning a superbowl. One playoff game? Maybe.

Seems to me like we're just not destined to win the big one... Everytime we get good news, such as Dunta and Abe most likely being ready for divisional round, something like this crap comes out and both of our coordinators will most likely spend most of their time thinking about getting a head coaching job as opposed to focusing on gameplanning for the playoffs with the Falcons.

Even though I hated Mularkey, it still would have been nice to have him FOCUSED for our playoff game against NYG last year. Instead, he was more concerned with getting the job with Jacksonville.

The sooner you lose in the playoffs, the sooner your season is over... which gets our OC and DC out of here sooner to take their HC jobs.

Their is nothing we can do. The nfl is just like that. If we didn't have a bye then they couldn't interview them but we do so...

A quick search of the other teams with a bye shows that only Mike Mccoy the offensive coordinator of the Denver Broncos is having hc interviews. And those don't seem to be as serious as the ones the Falcons have.

Who said that the coaches don't have to prepare?

People are saying that with two weeks to prepare, and not being sure who we're playing that we don't need to start scheming and game planning.

That's not what I'm worried about. My fear is that the coaches are more worried about their future jobs than they are about winning a Superbowl this year.

To all of the people that are saying that the coaches don't have to prepare this week, because it's a bye, we don't know who we are playing, they've been doing this for years, elite teams don't need to stop their coaches, and that the coaches can do this:

BASED ON RECENT HISTORY, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK WE SHOULD ALLOW THIS?

or dismiss it as no big deal. If i'm not mistaking Mularkey was being interview last year around thistime maybe even Van Gorder. How did that work out? In 2010 I know that they both were being interviewed. How did that work out?

This shows that Nolan, Koetter, and Armstrong care more about getting a fat paycheck than they do about the team. Look at McDaniels of the Pats. They have a bye week, and he told everybody he'd rather focus on preparing than interviewing.

SMH if you ask me the Falcons will win a playoff game, but lay an egg in the NFC Championship. The team just doesn't look like it cares about winning a superbowl. One playoff game? Maybe.

Man i was thinking the same thing. I read a report about how we were preparing for all of the possible teams we would face. Well i want to know how they are doing that with all the trips they have scheduled. Could some one tell me if its just Dirk or is it also Nolan.

That's not what I'm worried about. My fear is that the coaches are more worried about their future jobs than they are about winning a Superbowl this year.

I agree all the way. I am actually shocked that they are interviewing during the season. I know if we lose they are not going to be able to live it down.

Idk about it all but I know the eagles were flying to the ATL to interview dirk and Nolan. There's no way they (as in dirk and Nolan) have time to fly all around and get interviewed by so and so teams. Also they are professionals, every coach wants a Super Bowl ring so think they are more focused on being a HC right now than the upcoming games just sounds absurd to me, no offense just my opinion

Idk about it all but I know the eagles were flying to the ATL to interview dirk and Nolan. There's no way they (as in dirk and Nolan) have time to fly all around and get interviewed by so and so teams. Also they are professionals, every coach wants a Super Bowl ring so think they are more focused on being a HC right now than the upcoming games just sounds absurd to me, no offense just my opinion

Sounds absurd? If anything it sounds all too familiar. Remember last year and also 2010.

Edited by Dirty Bird Nation