Note To Arthur Blank

Kayoh

What ever happens this offseason...no matter what we do in the playoffs. Whether we go 1-and-done, lose in the NFC Championship game, lose the Super Bowl, or WIN the Super Bowl. WHAT EVER YOU DO, DO NOT LET MIKE NOLAN LEAVE. OPEN THE CHECKBOOK. What ever another team is willing to pay for him to be their head coach, MATCH IT to keep him around as our defensive coordinator.

Atlanta Falcons fans know a good thing when they see it. Mike Nolan is the best defensive coordinator this organization has ever had. DO NOT let him escape without a fight.

56 wins in 5 seasons.

I know everyone's going to point at the 0-3 playoff record and believe I hate that too.

My question is who is out there, especially after all of the other teams have filled their vacancies, that we can be sure it will be an upgrade?

I've seen most saying Nolan, and that could work out but who's to say it would and who knows if he'd even be available? I say give Smith another year regardless.....fire away.

While I get what this poster is trying to say, Nolan is not the best D coordinator we have ever had. I'm assuming you are too young to know about the good ole 'Gritz Blitz' defense back in the day. That was the best D we ever had and for a short while it was the best in the league. Nolan is good but not the best. Let's wait a few more years to see how he does. Far too early to be calling him the best.

While I get what this poster is trying to say, Nolan is not the best D coordinator we have ever had. I'm assuming you are too young to know about the good ole 'Gritz Blitz' defense back in the day. That was the best D we ever had and for a short while it was the best in the league. Nolan is good but not the best. Let's wait a few more years to see how he does. Far too early to be calling him the best.

I'm guessing he's basing that off of Nolan's successful history, not just his year here.

I wouldn't be surprised if a high percentage of guys on here weren't around for 98, let alone Glanville or earlier....like the Gritz Blitz.

And Belicheck was so great in Cleveland his first time as a head coach...

Wow. Compelling argument. So because Belichick was better his second time around that is proof positive Nolan will be?

Only a moron would be in favor of replacing a proven winner with a big question mark. He is only among the most winningest active coaches. We are only one of the least penalized teams in the league.

It is like you guys do not pay attention to this league and the teams that are firing coaches every 2 to 3 years begging to find a coach like Smith and you just toss his aside like he is easily replaced?

While I'm not down with firing Smith, discounting Nolan's head coaching resume is not really fair. The current 49ers team was largely assembled by him. I think he will be a good head coach...but I'd rather him stay as our DC.

Sorry. That doesn't help him. Helping to find talent is all nice and good but the real task is coaching that talent to its full potential.

I am sure his has grown since then and would probably make a great HC but they key word there is "probably". We have a sure thing right now, replacing him with probably is just stupid.

Wow. Compelling argument. So because Belichick was better his second time around that is proof positive Nolan will be?

Only a moron would be in favor of replacing a proven winner with a big question mark. He is only among the most winningest active coaches. We are only one of the least penalized teams in the league.

It is like you guys do not pay attention to this league and the teams that are firing coaches every 2 to 3 years begging to find a coach like Smith and you just toss his aside like he is easily replaced?

the BB comparison is interesting though, in this way: check his records and see how close smith is to him since he became our head coach. I think poster has just unknowling owned himself :)

the BB comparison is interesting though, in this way: check his records and see how close smith is to him since he became our head coach. I think poster has just unknowling owned himself smile.png

You mean the fact that Smitty is very close to BB's winning percentage?