If Koetter Gets Hc Offer... Norv Turner As Falcons Oc?

Falconcheff

Just looking for an aggressive mind. I love what we did this year, but we still lack a killer instinct on offense.

Honestly, my first choice is still Gruden, but now that he's been mentioned, Wiz wouldn't completely disappoint me (although nobody's terribly impressed with what Arizona could manage... and that's with having Fitz...)

Just looking for an aggressive mind. I love what we did this year, but we still lack a killer instinct on offense.

Honestly, my first choice is still Gruden, but now that he's been mentioned, Wiz wouldn't completely disappoint me (although nobody's terribly impressed with what Arizona could manage... and that's with having Fitz...)

they dont have M Ryan in Ari

they dont even have L McCown in Ari

Well I have spent the last 2 years in Phx Ax.... Whisenhunt is not the problem.

The cards single biggest problem is the Oline.

He would do well here....REALLY well.

Look at what Turner's done to the Chargers offense over the last several years...let it deteriorate.

If you want him...be careful what you wish for.

merry Christmas saints fans. Nolan is getting interviews (Eagles i think. Saw it in tatf) for HC.

Id rather keep Nolan and lose Smith.

Im also kinda pissed we gave permission to our coaches to do interviews before the playoffs. Thats what we feared last season. MM had his HC job and he basically coasted us vs the Giants. We weren't ready nor did we look to have a gameplan. What did he care he had his HC job, he couldn't get out fast enough.

But if we lose Nolan then it will be a huge lose to the Falcons and if we lose Koetter (who i still dont like) it will put the falcons backs against the wall rebuilding coaching staffs again in 2 years in a row. Not ideal for a winning team to constantly lose coaches unless your the Pats.

Norv i think would work well with Smith and the players like him. Part of the falcons system is Dependant on players respect. Thats why i think as HC he could work out here and he has a lot of experience. not to mention resources of backup coaches we will surely need if we lose our OC and DC again. They will surely recruit someone to go with them. I dont want no more freaking Jags coaches.

Look at what Turner's done to the Chargers offense over the last several years...let it deteriorate.

I see that more of a criticism as to who their GM let go in terms of talent (e.g., Sproles and Jackson) plus I'm sure Turner doesn't teach Rivers to throw mind-numbingly bizarre red-zone INTs.

Not saying Turner is at the top of my list, but I think he'd be a good OC especially when he doesn't have to be the HC, kinda like Wade Phillips the DC vs Wade Phillips the HC.

I see that more of a criticism as to who their GM let go in terms of talent (e.g., Sproles and Jackson) plus I'm sure Turner doesn't teach Rivers to throw mind-numbingly bizarre red-zone INTs.

Not saying Turner is at the top of my list, but I think he'd be a good OC especially when he doesn't have to be the HC, kinda like Wade Phillips the DC vs Wade Phillips the HC.

Thats kinda my thought as well. A lot of experience and Smith still has his hands on what happens overall. As long as its not a jags coach ill be happy. But We could do worse than Norv thats for sure. Norv on 1 side and if we are lucky enough to keep Nolan on the other. Sounds solid to me.

Well when you try to replace Vincent Jackson with Robert Meachum what do you expect?

Think about all the talent that the chargers have let walk who they were replaced with..

As a head coach...I guarantee that he had some kind of involvement in player personnel choices.

That one I want to thank AJ Smith for wub.png

But,you can't think that Turner had no say so in any personnel matters...he's the head coach for goodness sake!!!

Marty? The Chargers are a weird franchise. They give Norv year after year but they fired the guy who almost took them to the big dance after 1 game.

Just like Cowboys. Who is to say how much control the GM or owners give the HC or listen to them in personnel matters.

Word on the street for the reason that Eli refused to go to San Diego was that Scottenheimer warned Archie about player mismanagement in the Charger organization,particularly what they were planning to do with Brees and Archie didn't want the same thing to happen to Eli.

If so...I can't blame Eli for refusing to go there.

Marty? The Chargers are a weird franchise. They give Norv year after year but they fired the guy who almost took them to the big dance after 1 game.

Just like Cowboys. Who is to say how much control the GM or owners give the HC or listen to them in personnel matters.

From what I understand Marty was put on a short leash (and fired eventually) for warning Archie about the organization